Falcon

[Addon Replacement] US Woodland Units [2012-10-21]

48 members have voted

1. 1. Replace existing BDU units with update units upon availability.

• Yes
    • No

This is a poll to replace my current BDU units with Delta Hawk's new BDU units. These units represent mid 90's BDU but he has plans for several variants from different eras. In addition these units can be configured to represent various army, marine and air force units. Here's a link to the BI thread. While these are not quite done they should be released soon. I can write a config addon to replace my BDU units with these for continuity with past missions.

preview2-1.jpg

preview3-1.jpg

preview7-1.jpg

preview5-1.jpg

Edited by Impulse 9
Autoclose

Wow, This is amazing. Has SOCOM written all over it on the last pic. I really like the detail with the LBV (Load Bearing Vest) and ALICE packs. Definite yes.

Force

No real point voting before you can test functionality, LODs and have a look at the size.

I wanted to put up the poll so as soon as its out assuming everything works and there's no issues we could field them ASAP.

No real point voting before you can test functionality, LODs and have a look at the size.

Agreed. They look pretty up close but, at range... At range...

Abstaining until some form of an official release is made. I'll make my decision based on what I personally experience in my own opportunity to test the units. This will be weighed along with Falcon's goal to seamlessly integrate these units into our modpack, requiring little to no updating to the current missions fielded on the Primary.

This will be weighed along with Falcon's goal to seamlessly integrate these units into our modpack, requiring little to no updating to the current missions fielded on the Primary.

Interesting point, an overlap period would make sense if these were to be taken on. Give mission makers time to convert to the new units?

Those do look amazing. Though I'd still want to hold off on voting until release to take a look at technical issues. Apart from what's already been mentioned, whether or not the ALICE packs are "glued" onto the models or not.

I'd also be interested in seeing those ALICE packs being used to replace the model on the standard ACE versions. :)

Holy damn, those are awesome... still wish we could have Vietnam units...

whether or not the ALICE packs are "glued" onto the models or not.

I'd also be interested in seeing those ALICE packs being used to replace the model on the standard ACE versions. :smile:

it doesn't look like the backpacks are glued to the units in the first picture you can see a unit without it on and a few on the ground, and yes yes yes eys yesyesyes

preview21.jpg

The main problem is that if the addon maker does not make these ACE compatible, we will not be able to use their beautiful backpacks (unless the addon maker gives us source models to convert them to ACE backpacks). But aside from that they look excellent and even if we have to do our own custom ACE config, they will be worth having in UO. They will just use standard ACE backpacks instead, but no big deal.

Those are GORGEOUS! And hell, if they aren't ACE-compatible to start with, then surely a deal can be made for allowing us to make a UO-specific config that makes them such.

Gimmegimmegimme! <3

it doesn't look like the backpacks are glued to the units in the first picture you can see a unit without it on and a few on the ground, and yes yes yes eys yesyesyes

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/2797/preview21.jpg

I did see that, but it doesn't guarantee that the rucksacks aren't glued on either. There's also the guy in the second pic with the spare barrel bag that is more likely to be "glued" on, and putting a rucksack on him would turn out kinda ugly. We'll just have to wait and see once it's released.

These units look gorgeous, and they'd be replacing something in the modpack instead of adding more stuff, so that's a plus.

Falcon, when you mentioned making a config addon, am I understanding you correctly when I believe that it would eliminate the need for mission makers to go in and manually replace the old units?

Edited by DrunkenScoper

More info...

Working with the author to ensure working cateyes and ACE configs. Each piece of equipment is its own model and is attached to the unit, so no worries about 'glued on' rucks. The author is going to be adding 2 more types of packs and 2 ammo bandoliers in addition to the ALICE packs shown. There will be 6 different base variants (Woodland, DCU, and chocolate chip) all in both winter and summer weight. All bases have custom nametapes, patches and rank insgnias that can be changed by the mission maker.

Do I see the possibilities of having all those items attached if you have them in ACE *sperg*