Unban - September

Unban September  

49 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should September Be Unbanned??

• Yes
    • Absolutely Not

Users original appeal post

I was banned about 2 months ago. It was originally going to be a temp ban for wounding a teammate. I honestly handled it completely wrong....i was very angry about my temp ban because i really loved playing on UO. I stupidly started ranting on about how i was getting banned for something ridiculous and just would not accept my punishment whether i was right or wrong. The admin's word is final and i handled the situation completely wrong and immaturely. I realized how much i enjoyed playing on this server and enjoyed the people that played on it. I started my own arma 2 community and have since realized how much stress and bullshit admins have to deal with. I know that if someone acted the way i acted on my ban appeal i would ban them as well. I have recently been trying to get back into this server because there are no other servers like it. I will understand if I am to be kept banned. But i am asking if I could please have one more chance. I have learned my lesson and i owe the admins and players an apology for responding to my ban the way i did. The people that run this server, make maps, and work on this community deserve a lot of respect. Thank you guys for taking the time to make this server the best realism server on arma 2. And thank you for reading this...whether i get un-banned or not. I really want a second chance. Someone asked me the other day on the teamspeak "Why would the admins or players want someone back that responded that way on their ban?". My only answer to that is for me to prove it. By showing i am a good player that people want to play with. If you give me one more chance i will not mess it up. I will follow the rules exactly, i will not disrespect anyone. - Thanks, September.

Personally, I think he is more than remorseful. It definitely helps that he gave it a shot to run his own community and now he understands what it is like to be on the other end of the spectrum. I don't think it would hurt to unban him at this point.

Edited by krause
auto-close

Positive. I think he has earned himself a second chance. If he fucks up again however then I think he should stay banned permanently. If he doesn't then oh well, enjoy playing!

Positive. I think he has earned himself a second chance. If he fucks up again however then I think he should stay banned permanently. If he doesn't then oh well, enjoy playing!

I agree with Jackson, we should give him a second chance. If September has wised up then he may be a good player. If it is an act, then he will simply be provided with the rope to hang himself with and can be easily perma banned again, should we have any trouble from him.

Looks like you have earned yourself a second chance, I'll have my eyes on you...

If this poll passes...

Edited by Static

Thanks guys. I will not mess my second chance up if i get one. I agree that if i mess up i should be kept banned forever. Again, i apologize for my actions and thank you for wanting to give me a second chance. I really did not mean what i said on my ban, i handled it wrong but it was all in a blind rage....not me being how i normally am.

Voting no aswell.

Do not want people who go into a "blind rage" and shit on the community.

Let me show you why, besides your attitude in the first ban thread I am voting no.

I sure as hell know my admins go around banning like the Nazi SS.

From your appeal:

I started my own arma 2 community and have since realized how much stress and bullshit admins have to deal with.

Ban thread

UO was a nice time passer while my mod team/admins were on vacation.

Appeal

I know that if someone acted the way i acted on my ban appeal i would ban them as well

Appeal:

I have recently been trying to get back into this server because there are no other servers like it

Ban:

This server isnt unique, you have rules and some custom missions....big fucking deal.

Ban:

Try to make a completely custom mod for arma like we are.
Here let me help you out with a couple things, get a better dedicated server for when you preform big operations and teach your missions makers how to optimize their missions.

And last but not least

His community is called crimelife RPG he keeps sending me messages about it. Can we please get a forum ban on this guy?

You tried to recruit and rip players from our community.

So what I can guess and its really only a guess is your shitty RPG community/mod failed horribly and you came crawling back here because in reality we are one of the better servers/communities.

No you can stay banned. I do not think your apology is sincere.

My criteria for reversing a ban are:

1. Is this person redeemable?

2. Is anything of value being lost?

3. Was there an injustice that needs to be corrected?

My valuations:

1. Arguable - the clear failure to adapt from this player's initial foray into our community is well documented. Sociopaths and teenagers are very good at creating a display of seemingly genuine remorse in order to enrich themselves.

2. No - UO loses nothing by this player remaining banned, and this player is associated with a group of players who have caused problems at UO in the past.

3. No - the user finds himself in this situation because he would not accept responsibility for a 2 week ban, and instead made a broad attack on the legitimacy of UO's staff while attempting to recruit for his own (now failed) community.

With that being said, I could imagine a poll like this passing in another 2-3 months - this user is potentially not beyond reproach, just doesn't feel right at this time.

Im am not here because of my community "failing" or what you want to believe about it. I never tried to recruit anyone or "rip" players from your community. When i got banned i simply sent my friends from UO my info so that i could keep in touch and play with them. I did not deny any of the comments quoted....and if you feel that i should not be unbanned then so be it. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. All i did was realize my mistakes and ask for a second chance.

After reading Boon and Krause's posts I decided to change my vote to "no". I think there is in fact only a slight chance of improvement and with this in mind it makes me worry that in a couple weeks or in a month we might have to deal with all the trouble again of banning you.

To answer the question anyone may have about why i would want to come back to this community if i already have my own: Even though i may have an arma community, it is a completely different type of genre compared to UO and Realism. We have a strict policy of not stealing or using other people's work for mods/maps/ect on the arma community unless given absolute permission to use it. I still ejoy playing on other communities and see it as an opportunity to build better relations with people in the arma world. There is no way to show or prove that i am being genuine over text....people can (as krause said) act as if they are being genuine in order to achieve a certain personal goal. The only way i can think of proving it at this moment, is if i was to be unbanned in the future i would have to show it in-game. It seems i am at a loss since getting un-banned requires me to be genuine in my apologies which cannot be solely proven via text. My only other suggestion is maybe me joining the teamspeak and talking to some of the guys and getting to know them. This is about all i can say before i just start repeating myself....so my unbanning lies in everyone elses hands. Thank you to all of you for voicing your opinions on this matter and at least giving me a chance. I will accept your decision, good or bad. - Thanks again, September

I think he deserves a secound chance hes the reason i joined he recruited me to join this amazing community and him getting unbanned would bring alot more to this server he clearly seems truthfull and i believe he deserves a secound chance but i cant vote

When i got banned i simply sent my friends from UO my info so that i could keep in touch and play with them.

A player complaining of harassment hardly seems like sending friends info, and I certainly wouldn't link my friends to =]H[= if I got banned here, I'd give them my steam/skype/xfire.

A turd coated in glitter is still a turd. No.

Edit: Also kind of funny that he's recruited you to this community WHILST being banned, blips. Seeing as you joined the forums 2 days ago and all.

And im part of crime life i was looking for a good realism server and september referred me to this one

You're 3 days old, I have not seen you on the server or on TS once and with your multiple posting (3 posts within 1 hour repeating yourself) you're not going to get anywhere, it is only going to make it worse.

September: Krause said we wouldn't loose anything if we keep you banned, what would you be able to offer the community that could possibly change our mind?

..... he would love a secound chance i think he really deserves it

September should receive what he deserves. I think he is very lucky to be able to make an appeal.

Krause's suggestion of considering a separate appeal in 2-3 months seems reasonable.

And Blips I'm still wondering. The night you were on TS with me, (proposing reinstating September) what was the name of the guy who was spamming the channel making noises? Was that September? His name was "Nipples" something. You kept muting your mic and laughing and September logged into TS under at least one other name (TheMostElite). What was the name of that guy who kept moaning but wouldn't respond to us ? Nipplescratch??

Jackson, i have nothing life changing or extremely dramatic to offer. But however i believe i am a fun person to play with. If this counts for anything, i do have a good group of people that would love to try this server out. UO already has an amazing player base. I know how to script for arma, make maps, ect. If i was to be unbanned i would love to use my creativity and knowledge to make some cool missions or maps for UO. You guys are clearly doing good and have a good group helping to keep this community strong. I have a mod team that could also help out once in a while if you need anything. Honestly, more important than me getting unbanned just to play on this server....i am really trying to get on good terms with as many arma communities as i can. I feel that by building better relations with communities such as UO, it will benefit both sides and the arma community as a whole. There is so much hate and competition between communities these days. I honestly would like to play and be a part of this community once again. If I myself am to be kept banned, i still wish for crimeliferpg and UO to be on good terms. I hope that helps answer some questions.