Static

What do you do in MEPS?

I am planing on enlisting but I am not sure if I would make it though MEPS do to some major surgery I had.

Can some one please help me out and tell me what you have to do?

Get your balls felt, a finger in the ass and a q-tip in the dick hole. At least thats what it was 10 years ago when I went in. Also duckwalk.

Get your balls felt, a finger in the ass and a q-tip in the dick hole. At least thats what it was 10 years ago when I went in. Also duckwalk.

Lol, Alright Thanks. :)

I was there last year. 80% of the time your waiting. 20% your actually doing something. They make you do the duckwalk, clean your ears, they don't stick their finger up your buttt, or q-tip in the dick, they feel your balls, basically it's to check to see if your good to go.

they don't stick their finger up your buttt, or q-tip in the dick, they feel your balls, basically it's to check to see if your good to go.

I guess they do not care about STDs or Cancer anymore lol

I guess they do not care about STDs or Cancer anymore lol

Oh they still check, but I can't imagine having anything being shoved IN my penis, and IN my butthole, I mean maybe for girls it's easier XD. They just had me turn around and spead the cheeks and cough lol

blood tests for HIV, full in depth physical testing full range of movement as well as physical deformities or skin deformities, drug screen for all drugs, breathalizer test so don't drink the night before. Questionaire, FBI background check (fingerprints). Pick your job if you haven't already, you should pick your job before you go though (temporary reservation becomes permanent at MEPS if you pass all tests). You also swear in.

Edited by DeltaSierra

Don't forget standing around doing nothing, for excessive amounts of time. You also get to meet some interesting people that will yell at you for some very interesting reasons.

Don't forget standing around doing nothing ...

A proper intro to the military life!

Don't forget "rushing to wait" lol

Our version was "hurry up and wait"

I remember during my medical evaluation going into various offices and examination rooms only to tell the exact same stuff I already told to the guy in the office before, all with 30-60 min sitting around in a waiting room in between. Most inefficient procedures and waste of time I ever experienced.

Edited by zumorc

What others have said.

MEPs isnt that bad, I met a lot of cool people there. Just make sure you get the job you want and dont let those doctors trick you on saying "yes". Your recruiter should have briefed you on that.

Sweet thanks guys, I just signed up for the student ASVAB at my high school. :)

Also, if you're considering National Guard or Reserves, I recommend finding a National Guard or Reserve recruiter. They'd be more familiar with the differences and could help you out better than a "active military" recruiter can, especially for reserving a position in the unit and MOS that you want.

Static, your recruiter will most likely know if any surgery you've had is a disqualifier for service. You'll know if you're boned long before you get to MEPS.

Before I knew what the breathalizer straw was actually for, a USMC Poolee told me it was the 'Drip Test' where they stick it in your ass and make you run up and down a flight of stairs and if anything drips out, youre disqualified. The worst part, since there was about 150 other people there who didnt laugh and all looked at me as if it was completely true, I believed it. Jesus I never sweated so much in my life.