Sign in to follow this  
Boondocksaint

Ban-Welch/Travis

5f2c8917e81f45c9dbedbb5ba0702b10(OK)

Player: Travis

A2 PID: 5f2c8917e81f45c9dbedbb5ba0702b10(OK)

TS3 ID: ItESDYW3iBuc6K0odwK1nqojeBU=

Length: 6 months

Reason: Massive TK as CAS/purposely disrupting comms/ per many players was acting like a real asshole on comms and server

Travis was holding up briefing communications between the Platoon lead and the squad leads, then once in game the FAC died so command switched all air assests over to platoon net. Travis then transmitted asking for FAC, Command told him he was dead, then travis then transmitted a message saying "Command when can I blow shit up" after rambling on about some other things, I radio'd travis telling him this is platoon net and squads are trying to coordinate on the ground so if he could keep his messages short. He then said roger coming in for airstrike. I left it at that, thinking he would leave it. Command then asked for an airstrike, which was a few grids away from us, the bombs or rockets or whatever munitions he used then blew up my whole squad and some others say other parts of the convoy.

Others have also told me he was a dbag in the briefing. This is this members 2nd ban

Was flying at 8,000 altitude, radio was blurred, could barely hear anyone on comms it was fuzzy, thought I heard come in for airstrike. I was given coordinates, i remember it was 029, 028. I relayed it back and then shift left clicked so I had the spot marked, so I came in and dropped my dumb bombs, killing the whole team, I relayed the grids and they said those were right, I nailed the target head on, unfortunately I was given the wrong grids. I'll serve the half year ban, fair enough.

He wasn't intentionally disrupting comms, he just lacked any kind of comms discupline or knowledge of appropraite control measures.

6 months is a bit harsh imo, he whilst negligent, bordering on reckless, he wasn't deliberately disrupting things.

Either you're a semi-good bullshitter or that's a true story. I say since this is first offense combined with that story and willingly serving the ban it could maybe be shortened?

Either you're a semi-good bullshitter or that's a true story. I say since this is first offense combined with that story and willingly serving the ban it could maybe be shortened?

Not his first ban; please pay attention.

Considering how much of a shitheel Travis acted before, I see no reason why this current ban should not be upheld. If he comes back in six months and decides to be a problem again, he will simply be banned for good; he's had ample opportunity to grow up.

He seemed like a pretty cool person, we were just chilling waiting for shit to happen on the battle of wanat mission, and when things got serious he got serious.

It's not a first time offense Chapple, it says in the OP that it's the second ban.

IIRC, you were a real shitpump when you got banned before.

Chapple before you post read will ya. This is a second offence. Had issue with this member in the past being derpy. Gents let me make something clear. This is UO ala 2010. We didn't keep shitty people around and we should not now. A regular can make a poll if they would like to reduce this.

What I have seen of Travis is that he is generally trying but not always succeeding. This sounds like a FNG mistake. Accidental teamkilling happens, even to Regulars. If we treated every accidental TK like a deliberate TK the only players left would be those with bad aim. Now regarding bad comms discipline and being disruptive, there's a Japanese proverb that the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. I can't say Travis sticks out in my mind, so I see no need for the severity of this hammering.

i have played with travis a couple of times before, and he seemed to be the type of player who walked the derp line- no real griefing, but he was always fucking around. someone who has played a shitload of other shooters and is just adapting, but someone who is capable of learning from their mistakes. i say keep the ban, but make it less severe- at least half of current.

I admit when the server (During nights mainly with generally less then 20 people) has a few amount of people I generally don't take it as serious, which is my fault, and the members on that time see me at my worst, for other times (During morning, throughout day) I do not derp, im disciplined and at my utmost performance, trying to make UO a better place to enjoy some missions for tactical realism. Rarely it has been me derping with many people, but I usually never during active server hours. With this said, I do believe there are much worse people out there that need some bans and that hopefully this is UO stepping their foot down cracking down on even the slightest derp, back when I was active before my first ban this was my favorite place, it still is, but it has gone down in realism. Sure I suppose my derping on less active hours is contributing to it, but there are much more severe people that need a rude awakening, not just me, who actually gets pissed off at derping (especially when im commanding.) Perhaps the other players who derp rub off on me... With that said, see ya guys in 2013, or better yet in ArmA3...

Exactly what I expected from Travis, we had issues with him on the primary server before and I think this ban is well deserved in his case.

Forgot to apologize in the midst of that, so... my apologies to everyone, players and admins, especially regulars who are seasoned for having ruined realism on the server, not my intentions.

Don't you think that 6 months is too much?I can understand a 2 week ban or a month for a serious negligence TK incident but 6 months?

With this said, I do believe there are much worse people out there that need some bans

If you're not naming names, this sounds like you're just trying to bullshit your way out of this. There are people out there who need bans, but if nobody is reporting them, then you have to.

I admit when the server (During nights mainly with generally less then 20 people) has a few amount of people I generally don't take it as serious, which is my fault, severe people that need a rude awakening, not just me, who actually gets pissed off

Travis we repeatedly hear this excuse and repeatedly we remind you that there is no period of the day when derping is suddenly acceptable. I perhaps feel 1 month would be a good enough 'severe warning'.

(During nights mainly with generally less then 20 people)

Got to remember that this community is multi-national, meaning night time, the more relaxed time for you, is a serious time of military simulation for other, European players.

First and foremost ALL hours on Primary server should be considered 'active hours'. Just because it's only 10 people online is no reason to derp. Do that somewhere else than Primary.

Secondly a ban of 6 months seems too harsh for the information that is presented in this thread. I would vote for a 1 week ban if it was not for the actual carelessness/reckless disruption involved on top of the friendly fire/radio clutter issues.. I'd say 1 month

I personally could hear you 5 by 5 on the radio travis, so I do not understand how you couldn't hear myself or anyone else, I made no adjustments to the radio in terms of power. I do not understand how you heard the RTO's firemission clearly if you claim that you couldn't hear us.

It wasn't only the TK that got alot of people pissed at you it was your general attitude towards the whole mission and missions before, you interrupted briefing numerous times aswell.

Also, I heard the grid sabre gave you on the radio and the fact it was cleared danger close, due to this I thought i'd confirm the grid on my map to ensure my squad was not in any danger, the grid check out fine and was far enough away from us to do no harm, apparently I was wrong.

I've played with you before today, not for awhile but when I last played with you, I thought you were quite a level headed player and someone that knew his shit, today and on other days from what people tell me, you have just had complete disregard for other peoples enjoyment on the server.

I was not on the server when this happen nor do I know much about the player. What I will say is when you are flying in the CAS role you only attack when you are cleared in by Command or a FAC. If Welch was not cleared in from command (he claims he was), then the ban should be permanent in my opinion. I would appreciate some clarification if the Commander authorized his air strike.

If in fact he was cleared in and the given grid was 029 028, then he should only be banned for 24-48-72 hours. Blue on Blue happens in real life:

He should be held accountable for running in with crackling/unclear comms, hence the 24/48/72 hour ban (assuming he was actually given permission). There is simply no excuse for that.

Force

I never said it was acceptable to derp at night time my time. I only said that was when I did, and I did apologize for it. About the tk thing still, I seriously was having troubles hearing and I relayed the information back, I nailed that target dead on. How do you think I purposely tked? Think about it, I never knew of where friendly's were flying 8,000 or so altitude. I had no idea, so how would I just purposely have tk'd? Once again I never said derping was acceptable I only described the times when people would have taken me as derping, which would have been night time, no excuse for that.

The admin was just with his sentence, like I said I admitted to the derping at the night hours, not acceptable, I will serve out my 6 month ban, I have no problems with it, im only trying to explain to you the TK was completely accidental... I don't derp to ruin gameplay. Nevertheless derping is derping when in briefing and other situations. See you guys around in 6 months.