Sign in to follow this  
jubxxxjub

ArmA 3 M-ATV and Fennek, Doesn't make sense.

Okay I just want to ask you guys does this make any sense? The M-ATV shown here ingame as a OPFOR vehicle.

Arma3_screenshot_1202_27.jpg

But IRL right now is being used in Afghanistan by the U.S Army, and Marines

oshkosh_m-atv.jpg

What would be the logic of giving the US the Fennek? Now don't get me wrong it's a sexy looking vehicle, but we already have ALL of these MRAPs. Why would we need a vehicle made around the same time as the enemy's vehicle?

BIS are going crazy.

Why'd you need a fennek? because it's the best goddamned recce vehicle ever made.

Anyways, last I heard, the americans have large stores of M-ATVs and MRAPs that aren't being used around the mediterranean(I think), opfor could capture and used these vehicles.

Hey I just realized it doesn't really matter if it's opfor at first. A new skin and put it in blufor and we have another MRAP for our modern times.

Edited by jubxxxjub

The Iranians would never want to use American made stuff, they would have something close. The reason I find it illogical is that we would have the fennek, but what else? It's like 2036 wouldn't you suspect that all of this stuff would be old standard? Where is my new standard?

Jub sometimes its better to not post, Iranians use plenty of American gear, they use TOWs, M16s, ACU camo, F14s, M60 tanks and the list goes on, they even use Uzis for their navy seals, just because they are OPFOR does not mean they need AKs and rusty BMPs.

Edited by ZZEZ

Just because it's 2036 doesn't mean everything is all new, the M1 abrams went in to service 32 years ago, 34 for the F16, 31 for the bradley, 52 for the M113, and they're still using all of those.

The Iranians use a lot of american stuff, they don't buy stuff because of who made it, they buy shit that works. You might be surprised by this, but north korea actually has littlebirds(MD500), just like zzez said, opfor can have nice stuff too.

This isn't like the movies, opfor has good shit too.

The Iranians would never want to use American made stuff, they would have something close.

f14_16.jpg

Hu Iran has a pretty descent military, lol yaxxo. Silly yaxxo that's a scorpion, it's not American.

Edited by jubxxxjub

ArmA3 is set during a 15 year world war isn't it?

Look back at the technology at the start and end of both the first and second world wars. You cannot have any estimates about what should be in ArmA3 and what shouldn't be.

Hu Iran has a pretty descent military, lol yaxxo. Silly yaxxo that's a scorpion, it's not American.

Not necessarily decent, they were stuck with a insanely long war with Iraq and ended it in a stalemate and some insane tactics like sending kids through mindfields to clear them for the military, for comparison it took the Americans ~3 weeks to roll over the Iraqis that the Iranians couldn't deal with for about 8 years.

They have a habit of copying gear and making their own local version, beside the examples that were linked earlier we have this:

LiveLeak-dot-com-af3f22cf4d0c-20094.jpg

403774_orig.jpg

If I was face to face with an Iranian in combat I wouldn't be thinking "their military is shit!" or "they have a pretty decent military".

:laugh:

To the OP. Have we relied on BIS for a lot of things? No. Why? MODS!

The Iranians using a certain kind of vehicle made you frustrated since it's American even though they use American all equipment the time? lol

arma3_screenshot_1105_12.jpg

Iran now has Tavors.

Meanwhile, in Israel, ZZEZ cries in frustration.

Haha, holy shit that looks crap. What the fuck are those eyesight's doing in my 1980's cold war era fettish ArmA game doing?

I mean, it's the future and stuff, but you don't need angry looking Iranian dude's with Tavor's..

Plus BIS hasn't seemed to be able to fix an old issue where weapons clip into your'e shoulder... or other body parts.

FC2Uf.gif

I don't know why but this is one of the funniest GIFs I have ever seen.

Edited by jubxxxjub

Plus BIS hasn't seemed to be able to fix an old issue where weapons clip into your'e shoulder... or other body parts.

Show me a game with guns in it where the rifles don't clip into the user's shoulder.

e: Games where the rifle kind of floats in front of them don't count.

Edited by SealHammer

I am still trying to work out how Iran can even stand up to the entire US military.

Plot armour.

Impossibilium rounds.

Also because BIS need someone to bash on who isn't russian, and by the time ARMA3 comes out iran will have quit the internet to go hang with NK.