Sign in to follow this  
Herbiie

How to use a 1980s British Army Section.

An old training video of a British 1980s Section attack.

The ORBAT seen here is the 10 Man Section rather than the 8 Man Sections we tend to use, a 10 man section has an extra rifleman in the Gun Group and one extra rifleman in the Rifle Group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFnTiacaDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0mIm50Od8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvB9LzziqfA

:smile:

Edited by Herbiie

i was going to post this and suggest it both for everyones viewing pleasure, and as a missionmaker suggestion (i fecking suck at making missions, or i'd try it myself).

No if we only can make all the kids and yanks learn about the concept of rifle and gun groups, and how they are used vs. equaly sized fire teams.

Also, the "Finding the Enemy" film the same uploader has, should be viewed by everyone.

And the "It could be you" and "an unthinking moment" just for the hilarity factor.

Got shown this in basic.

Spent the whole time listening to the Sergeant taking the lesson talking about Officer Bill being a peado. "Girls if you're very good perhaps Uncle Bill will read you a bed time story later on!" I bet he will the paedo bastard...

hahaha, he's also a complete mong for fidling with his "pop-gun" like that. Mind you, that's what the army brass deserve for not having the armourers remove that ******* stupid magazine safety on the Browning. At least they seemed to be aware of the fact that while it takes one mong to pull the trigger at the wrong time, there's alot of small stuff by others that leads to most accidents. Both of those films show others, often of higher rank than the PBI, screwing the pooch on stuff that leads to a dead\wounded squaddy.

Now, if only someone had uploaded the "Medics in vietnam" and "Debriedment of wounds" films i've been hearing so much about.

hahaha, he's also a complete mong for fidling with his "pop-gun" like that.

Tbh he only got one drill the wrong way round, it's his mate's fault as well for hurrying him when he knows his weapon drill is rusty.

another important thing for UO is the fire discipline by Section leader.

Unless people play it 'right', any 60s-70s-80's mission would fail on first contact, as most people would blat away most of their ammo. Increases the need for, and value of, the section GPMG, and carefull Command and control of the rifle groups ammunition expenditure.

I was in the Infantry between 1975 -1986 it was normally a 8 men section with 2 on the gun group bring back some memory's the crap gear we had 58 pattern webbing and those horrible steel lid but what was good was the SLR and GPMG which is still being used today the way they speak to each other there is a lot more effing and blinding going on when its not a training film LOL

The biggest question I have is where I should be as the section leader. For someone used to the separate fireteams of US squads, should I be fighting as part of the rifle group? 2IC controls gun group? Why Charlie and Delta?

The biggest question I have is where I should be as the section leader. For someone used to the separate fireteams of US squads, should I be fighting as part of the rifle group? 2IC controls gun group? Why Charlie and Delta?

The Section COmmander fights as part of the Rifle Group (As seen in the video). The 2IC does indeed command the gun group and acts as an assistant for the GPMG gunner.

Charlie and Delta is modern ORBAT, Charlie = C = Command Fire Team with the Section Commander in.