Huska

[Regular] Nomination for Huska [2012-08-21]

[Regular] Nomination for Huska [2012-08-21]  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Huska be accepted as a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

I was poking my head in every now and then for this thread.

In my experience with Huska, he has a tendency to be a very impulsive, snappy person. This isn't a unique character flaw, nor is it necessarily a critical one. Not even a unique one among UO, really, but nevermind that. The thing is that in my experience he has a bit less control over it, unlike others. It is my concern, and always has been when this poll came up, that Huska having teamspeak powers (Kick, ban etc) would be detrimental and lead to issues. Would it happen? Maybe not. Hopefully not, in anycase.

I am also a bit concerned that he might use his would-be regular status as a showboating "I am right because I am a regular." To be strictly honest I don't know why, but that was a thing, too.

Take that as you will.

Huska has shown improvement what I can see from reading through things and what I've seen of him on the servers. Not entirely good, but better. I sincerely hope that it is a tendency that will continue.

I am willing to give him a chance as a Regular because I think the good outweighs the bad, but on the other hand I am not afraid of putting up a future removal-poll if it'd be required.

Borderline-case that's falling on the yes-side.

I think Huska is Regular material, He is active, committed and helpful towards others.

I agree that Huska have had his problems with his attitude, but I also think it may come from the many times I have seen him playing at the "low Player count" hours, where it is a struggle to keep it all together, and not end up in derp.

Huska is sometimes vouching different opinions than the majority, I have also seen him give the benefit of doubt in ban related threads. this may make it more difficult to become regular, but I still thinks he deserves it.

I believe he also will rise with the responsibility and become a even better member of the community if he get his tags.

Good comments in this poll. Mature and constructive. Instead of a series of assaults on those who voted no. Tends to bolster the credibility of those who voted yes.

Time and again I'll see Huska in TeamSpeak, realize he's not a regular, and then do a double-take and say "Why isn't this faggot a regular again?"

Seriously though, guy's a stubborn jackass with a good heart and what I think is (probably) a sound mind. I'd vote yes.

guy's a stubborn jackass with a good heart and what I think is (probably) a sound mind. I'd vote yes.

He is a jack ass, I don't like him, he is mean.

Just say yes.

Edited by jubxxxjub

A member informed me that during missions, when Huska is leading, the member at times needs to ask him questions related to the mission, yet Huska just responds with answers like "fuck you", and walks away. That's blatantly not helpful, and sounds like intentional trolling to me.

So, Huska, if you're doing good things to try and cancel out the times when you do crap like that, it doesn't actually cancel it out. Personally, I question where you'd want to help lead the community.

I think some votes need to change. Mine is no.

Note, the member in question is quite new and has not been around long enough to have some kind of long-developed grudge, and he has been mature a member so far in my own experience. I will see if he will weigh in here, though it's understandable if he does not wish to do so.

A member informed me that during missions, when Huska is leading, the member at times needs to ask him questions related to the mission, yet Huska just responds with answers like "fuck you", and walks away. That's blatantly not helpful, and sounds like intentional trolling to me.

So, Huska, if you're doing good things to try and cancel out the times when you do crap like that, it doesn't actually cancel it out. Personally, I question where you'd want to help lead the community.

Note, the member in question is quite new and has not been around long enough to have some kind of long-developed grudge, and he has been mature a member so far in my own experience. I will see if he will weigh in here, though it's understandable if he does not wish to do so.

And this is exactly why I am voting no. He's still too immature to be a regular.

Seems out of character, I'd like to hear Huska's side.

Huska, You're not a bad guy but I still am not convinced that you are Regular material. I consider you to be what we call in the military a 'Spotlight Ranger'. Generally when Regulars are around or when you feel as if it matters you are great. Serious, helpful, and willing to lead. But when you are out of the spotlight such as late night domi, in smaller channels, with certain bands of members, you digress to your previous state of retardation. My main concern is the example you will set once you become a Regular and two, if you will abuse your permissions as a Regular, which I feel as if you would. It is not personal, but I do consider you a Spotlight Ranger.

I was poking my head in every now and then for this thread.

In my experience with Huska, he has a tendency to be a very impulsive, snappy person. This isn't a unique character flaw, nor is it necessarily a critical one. Not even a unique one among UO, really, but nevermind that. The thing is that in my experience he has a bit less control over it, unlike others. It is my concern, and always has been when this poll came up, that Huska having teamspeak powers (Kick, ban etc) would be detrimental and lead to issues. Would it happen? Maybe not. Hopefully not, in anycase.

I am also a bit concerned that he might use his would-be regular status as a showboating "I am right because I am a regular." To be strictly honest I don't know why, but that was a thing, too.

Take that as you will.

Huska, You're not a bad guy but I still am not convinced that you are Regular material. I consider you to be what we call in the military a 'Spotlight Ranger'. Generally when Regulars are around or when you feel as if it matters you are great. Serious, helpful, and willing to lead. But when you are out of the spotlight such as late night domi, in smaller channels, with certain bands of members, you digress to your previous state of retardation. My main concern is the example you will set once you become a Regular and two, if you will abuse your permissions as a Regular, which I feel as if you would. It is not personal, but I do consider you a Spotlight Ranger.

I agree with godhand/yaxxo - if you look at his post history on a forum there is a lot of him trying to defend retarded behavior and banned people in a typical "we're being oppressed" juvenile complex. I have had a good impression of him lately but still not confident.

In short a long history of quesitonable behavior, while good at times, is yet to be shown to be consistent. I have some serious reservations about a yes vote regardless of individual positive impressions that have happened from time to time.

With the typically polar opposites of interaction of some of the above users, I think this is giving a pretty consistent message, regardless of whom he is interacting with.

Voted Yes. I've never had any problems with Huska or seen him herp-derp any more or less then anyone else. Everyone has bad days and does stupid stuff now and then, but usually I've seen him act fairly normal and I've always had a good time playing with him. He's also been here for a very long time and knows how things are done.

Yes.

My experience with Husker has been both positive and negative, I will admit that in the past I was not too fond of him.

However, I have seen Huska play on the server quite a bit over the past few months. In fact I've found him to always abide by and even reinforce the Charter and SOPs with the new members.

He has come a loooooooong way in the past couple of months and is now an excellent candidate for Regularship. I certainly hope some of those "No" votes switch to "Yes" before this poll ends.

I've found Huska to be one very intimately familiar with the community and active in discussions. He may be rowdy at times but in my experience with him I've found that he understands and draws the line between where it is appropiate and inappropiate (although its not as close as some would like).

Considering the change in conduct between his previous nomination and this one, I urge you to reconsider your votes.