Sign in to follow this  
Martijn

[Addon] New and extra russian units

I will see about making them ACE compatible...

OMG. MORE VARIANTS OF THE BMD! VOTE THIS IN NOW!

Mod conflicts with ACE, adding it in present state is ill advised.

EDIT: Also this is not a p... Whait a second... You got me...

Edited by Best2nd

I will see about making them ACE compatible...

Mod conflicts with ACE, adding it in present state is ill advised.

EDIT: Also this is not a p... Whait a second... You got me...

I know. But.... but... BMDs :(

I personally think this would be a great contribution to the mod pack. We would be able to see something new after 3 years of the same shit. The pack for the Modern Russian Mech Inf and Modern Russian Motorized Inf had RPT errors on it and had lots of problems. This will be ACE compatible soon and lots of people want it. If we get the votes we get something better looking and new. And yes, new BMDs just for you, h3 :)

I personally think this would be a great contribution to the mod pack.

We hadn't noticed...

You don't need to post every third post for us to know you think it's an alright pack ;)

Once its ACE compatable I would say yes to replacement of the current units. But how will this effect the current missions? Will they need to be redone?

Is it possible to set them up to replace current Russian units, rather than have them be additional? We could save space that way.

No. ArmA 2 characters are packed in two big pbos so you remove one, you remove half of the units in the game. You could concievably repack your own version without the russians and config RHS to replace BI units (and everything else you've taken out/broken), but it's not worth the effort.

Alternatively and more realistically, config the RHS guys to replace BI soldier classes: would need no updating of missions, KP.

I believe Impulse in another thread said it have very basic ACE compatibility

I HAVE TESTED IT! I only did it in singleplayer, where it already had some missions built in, but that's not what were all looking at.

First, it has new weapon variants. AK74M Dual Magazines, AK74M folded stock, a few RPG variants and a whole ton of other stuff. There's more BMD variants, BMP variants, it has the T80 (optics now fixed in 0.1.6) as well as some skin texture fixes, changes, and additions. It's on SU at the very bottom of the mod list.