Sign in to follow this  
Martijn

[Addon] New and extra russian units

Currently incompatible with ACE - confirmed by author.

and by that I mean the configs (armor and weapon values) aren't set to ACE standards.

Also, 387 megs and the only things significantly different from the vanilla game are the man units, which do look pretty slick. I'd support just the men if they were voted in separately of everything else.

Edited by SealHammer

Yeah the units themselfs are pretty awesome. would be cool to have in. Didnt know it wasnt ace compatible!

Currently incompatible with ACE - confirmed by author.

and by that I mean the configs (armor and weapon values) aren't set to ACE standards.

Also, 387 megs and the only things significantly different from the vanilla game are the man units, which do look pretty slick. I'd support just the men if they were voted in separately of everything else.

Fuck that shit! They got T80's!

I would really love to have this addon in our modpack once it becomes ACE compatible

Some of the infantry units have build-in, unremoveable backpacks for some reason.

This mod looks awesome. Once it becomes ACE compatible I see no reason why we shouldn't add this to the modpack, considering a huge chunk of our missions could make use of it.

considering a huge chunk of our missions could make use of it.

At 387Mb it's also a huge chunk of our mod pack :P

I posted about this in the "Any new OPFOR" thread yesterday.

After trying out the mod I have come to these conclusions:

As stated, it is incompatible with our mod pack in it's current form.

The weapons it adds are the same weapons that ACE adds (AK-74M) and they are done better in ACE

None of the vehicles are really new except transport trucks. The armored units certainly look nicer externally but I'm not sure they add a whole lot of value to the mod pack.

The soldier models are nice.

I would be interested if they could make the soldier units available separately. I don't think we need the other items it includes at all.

On that point: The mod is very modular, so it is possible to only use the infantry units e.g. and drop everything else.

E: You might have to do some config wrangling to change the weapons they're using though.

Edited by VKing

Well, we could just make an additional config of our own in a separate addon to update the classes with what we want to change, so as long as the models aren't actually bugged it shouldn't be a problem.

The armored units certainly look nicer externally but I'm not sure they add a whole lot of value to the mod pack.

The soldier models are nice.

Err... The soldier models look nicer externally but I'm not sure they add a whole lot of value to the mod pack.

Same thing right?

Err... The soldier models look nicer externally but I'm not sure they add a whole lot of value to the mod pack.

Same thing right?

It seems to be all replacing stuff we already have so yep same thing.

Same thing right?

Oh Husker you got me

Idunno, Aesthetically they're nice, but they're missing the point of the complaint about a lack of OPFOR - they're literally what we have, in effect, but with a different flag slapped on the side, so to speak. while yeah, more opfor would be nice, this isn't new opfor, it's just more opfor.

I don't see any problem with these, they're high quality realistical russian units, which we currently don't have.

About the argument "we already have russians", we also already have a million americans, but it's never a bad thing to have more for realism's sake.

Agree with Yaxxo. The russians we do have are default, and you can't really the totally underused ACE desert russians in chernarus, podagorsk, or lingor, can you?

Im always impressed with RHS stuff. However they don't necessarily add anything we dont have aside from the T80s I think.

why do i see modernized BMD-2s in the video, but theres no mention of them on the armaholic page

Edited by karambiatos

Yes please! Just for the soldier models/textures! - Would be nice to have some different looking OpFor for once.

why do i see modernized BMD-2s in the video, but theres no mention of them on the armaholic page

The armaholic page isn't comprehensive. They've added 3-5 variants of the BMP/BMD 1/2

http://i.imgur.com/wru50.jpg

Edited by VKing

It is the same thing but with different skins, still It could be fun to change it up sometimes with different units :)

In general saying to anyone, we're merely adding them, not entirely replacing them ( I think.) So if that's the case then we would still have Russian units and still have be able to play them. As exailez said, we could switch it up a little, some missions with default, some missions with new russkies, and some missions with both. The only problem would be space it takes up in the mod pack.