Wargame:EE with fixed-wings, larger more natural maps and an improved infantry would be pretty awesome. Some more C2 functions (formations, entrenchment etc) would be the icing on the cake...

Really looking forward to that release!

Some stuff i managed to scrounge from the gamescom coverage:

• Physic engine managing wing thrust depending of the model ( of the plane ?), and dammages...
  • The campaign is entirely dynamic. USSR strikes and then... we don't know...
  • The campaign is playable 1v1 with random events as in single player like the death of Mitterand (left wing French president from 81 to 95).
  • Blocking ports with submarins...
  • Campaign playabe from 1 to 4 players
  • bonus for mono-country decks => that may mean that ALL armies are going to get new units to be able to stand alone (i.e AA for the brit)

Confirmed stuff from a recent article:

1) Campaing will be somekind of turn-based on megamap. Capture ports, move transports, etc

2) Available recourses of your army will be based on historical data.

3) single and 2-4 player co-op

4) up to 20 players on server + instruments for broadcasting (maps must be HUGE !!!)

5) monocountry bonus, yes

6) planes move fast, you control them from special list (like in Act of war maybe?)

7) You can ground helis

8) You can order to your tanks to move backwards

9) You can choose what kind of supply your truck will give to others. Fuel, ammo, repairs.

10) Game will create formation automatically - AA will move behind tanks for example

11) Game will prompt about covers

12) Infantry will create defense in blocks, AI will move soldiers

13) You can assault in single buildings like in Act of War

Confirmed stuff from a recent article:

They took everything people complained about...and put it in the new expansion.

Love it.

I hope it doesn't get boring like the first one :c

Seriously? I think the re-play value is huge, still love getting the guys together and fucking some pubbies day up.

Clear your desktop, hide taskbar and put this as the background. Then when we play, you can pretend your with us:

Oh shit, Debate, they're hitting your flakpanzers!

wargame_european_escalation-dlc2_02.jpg

• Physic engine managing wing thrust depending of the model ( of the plane ?), and dammages...
  • The campaign is playable 1v1 with random events as in single player like the death of Mitterand (left wing French president from 81 to 95).
  • bonus for mono-country decks => that may mean that ALL armies are going to get new units to be able to stand alone (i.e AA for the brit)

This sounds glorious.

I really want to try a 10-man team with dedicated role players, ergo 1 artillery guy, 1 CAS guy, 1 AA guy, 1 supply guy - could be interesting.

I really want to try a 10-man team with dedicated role players, ergo 1 artillery guy, 1 CAS guy, 1 AA guy, 1 supply guy - could be interesting.

I think it will work better that EE. In EE the 4 player limit made losing one guy to just arty and no capturing or force in the field is a serious disadvantage. 10 should hopefully make it easier.

Only reason I'd want to play this was to destroy the Swedish landscape. And possibly the Norwegian. I doubt they'll even touch Denmark tbh - not much fun in all flat terrain ;)

The new nations have been released

CANADA

125px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

DENMARK

125px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png

NORWAY

125px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png

SWEDEN

125px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png

The first three are NATO members, while the fourth is (theorically?) neutral, but leans heavily toward NATO.

They'll include each type of troops, from grunts to air force, depending on historical availability.

Wargame: European Escalation's nations won't be forgotten, since all eight of them will also be playable independently. Of course, engaging USSR or USA head on with one of the "minor" nations won't be an easy task ... icon_e_wink.gif

AA for the brits that isn't god-awful blowpipes, you mean?

Yeah, I'm pretty desperate to see this game.

Edited by Wolfie

WHY NO NETHERLANDS, I WANT NETHERLANDS GODDAMNIT.

The fun part is, pubstomping is gonna get a lot better, because in W:EE, the biggest teams organized groups could form in were 4, which is not a lot. It's gonna be a lot harder for random people to get together 10 people, while we at UO we should be able to manage that. Enemies will be less organized, we will be more organized.

Also, I want to see 10 player MLRS only, or 10 player air-only :D