UO footage: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/18595-krauses-airland-battle-video-thread/

OMG the sequel looks sweet !

Today, we are proud to unveil in a first video teaser Wargame: AirLand Battle, the sequel to Wargame! Planned for released for 2013, Wargame: AirLand Battle will bring the series to a brand new dimension. Today's video gives a glimpse of the spectacular new features to come!

While the first Wargame made a splash with its powerful engine, Wargame: AirLand Battle will be the series's leap forward by bringing a level of detail never before seen in a real-time strategy game. The new version of the IRISZOOM Engine™ will display spectacular graphics with a wide variety of units, scenery, and impressive topography reproduced from satellite maps, all of which are visible in today's teaser.

Just like its predecessor, Wagame: AirLand Battle takes players through a series of conflicts commanding NATO and Warsaw Pact troops between 1975 & 1985 at a turning point of the Cold War. In this episode, war rages in Northern Europe, notably Scandinavia, whose architecture and magnificent landscapes are faithfully recreated in the game.

Wargame: AirLand Battle allows players to command all military resources of the Cold War era from tanks to planes. A total of 150 planes strengthen the playable arsenal of the game, from fighters to bombers to electronic warfare planes. Four new nations and their vehicles join the original eight from the first installment, making a total of over 750 vehicles and combat units rendered in realistic detail! Wargame: AirLand Battle also brings authenticity to the next level thanks to a new weapons system, better handling of fire effects, and a new Urban Combat Interface (UCI) allowing for battle inside cities.

The solo campaign is composed of several new dynamic campaigns, during which players manage all aspects of battle by leading each brigade of the Theater of Operation and making good use of reinforcements and strategic support. Wargame: AirLand Battle still allows customization of armies in solo and multiplayer modes thanks to the 'Deck' system, which is now being enhanced with an integrated 'viewer'. Ultimately, each decision made will have an impact on the tactical outcome of battles and evolution of the global conflict! Prepare to re-enter the Cold War in 2013!

Explaning the title of the game http://en.wikipedia..../AirLand_Battle

Edited by krause

I was about to post the same thing.

Jets, urban combat, new maps, dynamic SP campaigns...

Mother of God...

The only thing they need to add is 16vs16 matches in huge maps, then the game will be complete.

Strv-103 :biggrin:

Who needs that, when you get Bandkanon 1?! 14 rounds of 155mm HE in 45 seconds! Oh, yeah! Who cares if it's not accurate with that rate of fire! :D

This is so awesome, another game that I love the idea of but will get absolutely smashed on regular intervals playing.

Apparently they are adding an urban combat system. I hope this means that infantry will actually take shelter in buildings instead of just clipping through them.

Fuck. Yes. Do want. The feature list for this sounds like almost everything I wanted for Wargame: EE. All that's missing is more robust coop. A dynamic cooperative campaign would make this game one of the best games of all time.

Edited by DrunkenScoper

Hopefully mod tools gets released. I love that they are calling it AirLAnd Battle. Bad ass.

Starry.jpg

Looks like you could play it first person ArmA style, me likey. But I want to see the real changes made, that Hind death spin reminds me too much of WG:EE.

Lovely

For the unobservant, one of two hinds was downed by an anti-air missile, missile two missed the same target. The second hind was knocked out by cannon fire.

Holy bum. That looks awesome.

Makes up for the dissapointment of C&C Generals 2 not having the same visual style (or one-step-in-the-future setting) as Generals 1.

It's like this game's company listens to it's consumer input.

WHAT THE FUCK? The world is going to end.

It's like this game's company listens to it's consumer input.

WHAT THE FUCK? The world is going to end.

This was one of my favorite parts of Eugen from the start.

When people would complain about the ATGMs or balance issues, they pushed a patch a couple days later addressing those exact issues.

Buying this game was great, if only to support a company who doesn't try to screw over their playerbase...

This was one of my favorite parts of Eugen from the start.

When people would complain about the ATGMs or balance issues, they pushed a patch a couple days later addressing those exact issues.

Buying this game was great, if only to support a company who doesn't try to screw over their playerbase...

I haven't played Wargame in months, but I'll be certain to buy this: Eugen deserves to get money in a time where most companies don't seem to care that much about prompt post-release support.