HellHound

UO Gameplay Guide for Beginners

Hellhound could it be put in PDF format so that players (me) can print it out and have it next to the (computer) with the rest of the documents on how to be a team player :biggrin:

I said it earlier, this came out to a 17 page word Doc without pictures. I could upload that if you want.

Absolutely. Thanks. PDF (and Word) link would be great for use on a tablet.

An absolutely superb guide HellHound, I'm sure any newbie to UO will quickly get the hang of things with the way you've excellently explained everything.

A seriously good read.

Passed 20,000 views recently, possibly the most read thread on the forum? Never thought I'd write something that would reach so many people. Thanks everyone for the support, the advice, and for you new guys, for taking it to heart.

I've recently joined the forums and this guide was great when I first started playing with you guys! Thanks OP!

Im new at the community and even I attended a fireteam course and heard a whole familiarization course this helped me a lot as well. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I suggest adding more safety-procedures to this wonderful guide and encouraging players to actually use the built in ACE features including Weapon-Safety, shouldering the weapon [at base] and/or removing magazines from the weapon [at base]. Keeping the finger off the trigger, lowering the weapon and only pointing the barrel at things you actually intend to shoot/kill should be obvious and are mentioned in the guide already.

I seen a few rifle NDs recently because of people being "Operator" and saying "they don't need a safety" followed by them Alt-Tabbing and firing their weapon, teamkills included. 

Thank you very much for creating this guide HellHound, it is very much appreciated! 

I suggest adding more safety-procedures to this wonderful guide and encouraging players to actually use the built in ACE features including Weapon-Safety, shouldering the weapon [at base] and/or removing magazines from the weapon [at base]. Keeping the finger off the trigger, lowering the weapon and only pointing the barrel at things you actually intend to shoot/kill should be obvious and are mentioned in the guide already.

I seen a few rifle NDs recently because of people being "Operator" and saying "they don't need a safety" followed by them Alt-Tabbing and firing their weapon, teamkills included. 

Thank you very much for creating this guide HellHound, it is very much appreciated! 

+1

The guide needs an update for ArmA 3 anyway. Myself and Hellhound had worked on updating it for CSE, but before that could be finished we switched to ACE.

Thanks to everyone who read this and contributed in some way.  I will no longer be able to maintain it.  I leave it in the hands of the UOTC office to update it as they are able, or select someone to do the same.  Herbiie previously helped me start converting it to CSE, but it is still very dated in terms of features.  I only ask that my name is left attached in some way, and that it isn't left so dense as to be unreadable within ~20 or so minutes.