Sign in to follow this  
Jak

[Regular] Nomination for JakCurse [2012-06-10]

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should JakCurse be accepted as a regular?

• Yes
    • No

Hi all. I'm applying to be a regular after one failed vote a fair while ago. I've been round for fuck, like a year and a half or so (if not longer?), and I'd like to think I've made a positive impression in that time. As I said in my last app, I would like to become a regular to become more of an "official" member of the community (and last time I was told you don't need to be a regular for that- I know.) and to provide training and/or advisory on tactics and military SOPs. I am currently serving with the British Army as an infantryman, meaning I've got quite a bit of experience with squad level tactics and armored tactics (being in an armored infantry regiment), which I feel would be useful for the community, if it is needed. I realize that I have been inactive in the last 6 months or so, mainly due to work and other engagements, which I hope you guys can take into account when considering my application.

ARMA2 Profile Name: JakCurse

ARMA2 Profile ID: 2207622

Edited by JakCurse
autoclose and poll

I did try sorting the multiple choice thing but it wasn't working, somehow it is now. Aaanyway!

You forgot the poll!

It seems as though he also forgot to continue playing here after his first poll failed.

No.

The "multiple choice" error I think was my fault when I quickly add a poll for him. Please do not hold that against JakeCurse when voting.

It seems as though he also forgot to continue playing here after his first poll failed.

No.

Well I did note that in the app. Unfortunately job took over play for a fair while.

Yes. Anyone who thinks Jak is not regular material is retarded (and I mean that in the most nicest way possible). Brings solid real life soldiering into the community, gladly helps out people, would be an awesome addition to UOTC if he wants to. His LOA was explained, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt because of his awesomeness level.

I'll add that Jak left a positive impression on me as my platoon HQ vehicle gunner today. He is knowledgeable, competent, and most importantly in the context of this poll, shows great initiative in helping others. HQ squad had several new guys in it and ran smoothly in part due to Jak.

Yes. Anyone who thinks Jak is not regular material is retarded (and I mean that in the most nicest way possible). Brings solid real life soldiering into the community, gladly helps out people, would be an awesome addition to UOTC if he wants to. His LOA was explained, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt because of his awesomeness level.

I have nothing against Jak, but the guy leaves for 6 months and on his first week back puts up a poll to be a regular. You then say that anyone who doesn't vote for him is retarded, does that honestly not seem a little sketchy to you? The last thing we need is another regular who gets voted in then isn't seen again for another 6 months. I fail to see how you can call anyone retarded for voting no on this poll. If he stuck around for a few weeks before this poll then I would have no issue voting yes.

Not seeing me playing is not the same as me not playing; it's hardly my first week back. I haven't seen you in ages either sickly, doesn't mean you're inactive.

Edited by JakCurse

Not seeing me playing is not the same as me not playing; it's hardly my first week back. I haven't seen you in ages either sickly, doesn't mean you're inactive.

Right, but you have been gone for 6 months. I have not.

How long have you been back? Again, I like you and it's nothing personal.

Good to see you back. Might have pulled the trigger just a little early on applying for Reg, but I'll throw a yes down.

Good manner, knows his shit and interested in teaching dudes. Was also chill enough to laugh it off when I was far too tired to be even considering playing and misread our startpoint, forgot I had GPS and took a few too many wrong turns in Fallujah among other silly shit. Not usually that retarded, honest D:. If there's one thing UO needs at the moment it is players and regulars who will laugh off and/or offer constructive advice when a mistake is made, especially by a new player, rather than immediately resorting to "OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING RETARD CUNT KILL YOURSELF GET BANNED."

Easy yes from me.

For an update:

Took lead slots on the server the whole time I was on yesterday, helped new guys and managed to organise a whole IFV platoon to work together from scratch and with rather noob commanders.

Has done more in the last 24 hours then some of our regulars have in the last few months.

I'm willing to overlook the absence given the support of the regulars here.

If he goes MIA for another 6 months, he'll be automatically removed after 3 anyway.

Aside from being deployed to afghanistan or any other butthole country that's not going to happen. :3

Vote Jak for Reg! I have known jak for more than two years now and he'll give you shit, but it will help you become a better person and gamer. Overall he'll be a great asset to this community.

Edited by jubxxxjub