Sign in to follow this  
Fighter

Ban - Dopkset

Player: Dopkset

A2 PID: 3f8e7a4fb726ff46985a761b8795b621

TS3 ID: 48I+GJhkARMNFrSxztqQ/YPRfUo=

Length: 24 Hours Removed

Reason: Game Disruption. Yaxxo reported it on Skype. I'm pushing it.

[2:33:13 PM] yannik "Yaxxo" hegge: i said "you guys have to just fight it out between yourselves who gets to gun"

[2:33:26 PM] yannik "Yaxxo" hegge: dopkset starts knocking people down with the ACE knockdown

[2:33:29 PM] yannik "Yaxxo" hegge: :|

[2:33:33 PM] Fighter: Ban him?

[2:33:38 PM] upchuk: BAN HIM!!!

[2:33:59 PM] yannik "Yaxxo" hegge: i made him an ammo bitch, but i'd say if he ever does anything stupid again i'll ban him

[2:34:09 PM] Fighter: No seriously, this is the shit that has been floating around for a while now

[2:34:31 PM] Fighter: How many did he knock down?

[2:34:34 PM] Fighter: When did this occur?

[2:34:48 PM] yannik "Yaxxo" hegge: he knocked one down, and he was already running up to the second person when i stopped him

Edited by Impulse 9
Removed - Impulse 9

I would like to have a say in this situation. I was told by Yaxxo to "fight it out" over the gunning position. I misunderstood this to be a literal suggestion offered in a joking spirit and knocked down one person. While this may have been a temporary disruption to game play, I was not about to knock down an additional person nor was I about to forgo my appointed position as ammo bearer.

Furthermore, and as you can see in the recorded chat, I was told by Yaxxo that he "would ban me if I did something like that again." which I did not continue to do. I have been a non disruptive and committed member of the UO community for a number of months now and it was not in my intention to disrupt the game play of others. I formally apologize to the artillery section as well as to the player whom I knocked down for the temporary mishap, however, I strongly feel that this ban was conducted in an impromptu manner without notification.

He was a good SL in the mission before this (destroy equipment near a mosque somewhere :P ). Not sure what happened here. Good player in my opinion. Weird that this happened.

Dear UO officers,

I was recently banned for 24 hours due to "Game Disruption" by Fighter through an appeal made by Yaxxo. While I have no choice but to accept the decision, I strongly believe that the ban was handled in an inappropriate and very impromptu manner without formal prior warning nor explanation of the decision. The ban appeal itself can be found here: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/12078-ban-dopkset/page__pid__154397?do=findComment&comment=154397

I attempted to post a reply asking for a certain degree of communication to be had between myself and those with entitled with the banhammer, but the reply was never posted. The message behind the attempted post is as follows:

While trying to decide who will fill the gunning position for an artillery unit, Yaxxo told the crew to "fight it out amongst yourselves". I misunderstood this suggestion and thought that it was given in a joking manner and did proceed to knock down one individual. I formally apologize to the artillery section and the individual whom I knocked down for the temporary disruption, but I do not believe such a minor action committed on the basis of an honest misunderstanding warranted a 24 hour ban. Following the action, Yaxxo told me "If I did anything stupid again, he'd ban me", I did not continue to disrupt game play in any manner. A few minutes later and without notification, I was banned from the server.

Again, I have no choice but to accept the banhammer, however, any further explanation, investigation or action into the manner would be greatly appreciated.

It's been said many times before when the feature was first implemented that use of the feature would end in a 24 hour ban.

According to Yaxxo, after you first knocked one guy down, you proceeded to attempt to do it again.

So, in short, the use of this has been warned against in the past, you did it anyway.

Jokingly or not, it's not allowed.

I'll consider shortening it to 12 hours.

This appears to be more of a language miscommunication than an intentional act of disruption. The ban should take that into consideration and reduced to 3 hours

As a result of conducting yourself in a proper manner during your appeal and not taking an attitude (which many like to do), possibly misunderstanding, consider this is a warning not to ever use ACE Knockdown for disruptive purposes in COOP.

Lift the ban please.

I agree with Skin, that could have been taken the wrong way. Every time I have seen Dopkset in game he has never done anything retarded and is a good player.

Fighter, can you please try to not undermine people like that if they were told that they were receiving warning?

Having played with Dop several times, I've gotta agree with Skin, doesn't seem fair, Yaxxo gave an ultimatum of "again", no?

Language miscom? He speaks perfectly clear English as well as Yaxxo.

I am not providing any proof for his misbehaviour but personally I have seen a few small things that leads me to be suspicious of him in play.

Agree with Skin. I don't usually go against the bans on people but he is an exception. He is also correct on being a dedicated member of uo for months now.

Dopkset is one of the best new(er) players we have. In no way does he ever try to disrupt game play. Maybe he took Yaxxo's "joke" a bit far, but it didn't ruin anyone's game play...

I am not providing any proof for his misbehaviour but personally I have seen a few small things that leads me to be suspicious of him in play.

"you guys have to just fight it out between yourselves who gets to gun"

In my opinion that can definately be received as a literal message. Dopkset apparently has a sence of humor and took it too literally ..

Def,

If I did anything prior to this that upset yourself or the server's game play, it was not intentional. But if you could give a few examples of what made you suspicious, I would be more than glad to remedy the problem.

It's been said many times before when the feature was first implemented that use of the feature would end in a 24 hour ban.

Then how come I am not aware of it?while I barely play[usually Saturdays for 1-3 hours] I read the forums every day...if we are banning people for using features without exploiting them then it needs to be clearly stated in the forums in a public place for all to see and know.

I realize this ban has already been removed but I'd still like to share my support for dopkset. He is a very good SL, much better than many I've had and I'm sure this sort of thing is just an anomaly.

There are A LOT of derpy things being done by others that probably don't deserve to be in this community. If the regulars truly want to clean up the servers, seek out these violations, don't potentially hurt the community by banning good/serious players for trivial things.