UnitedOperations

Regular Removal to the "hai guise" thread creator [2012-06-14]

59 members have voted

1. 1. Remove This Regular?

• Yes
    • No

Ok yeah, it was me, clearly a bad joke and I apologize, for the record I wasn't making fun of any new players as is the consensus for the reason at the moment, that is just the stereotype that gets people riled.

As for the reason, it was simply a joke, nothing more or less.

For those of you unaware. Verox copped to it on Skype. Check UO general chat

ZEZZ created the regular removal thread because he thought it was nou.

Changing my vote from yes to no then.

Glad to see that Verox apologized, funny or not the forums are not a trolling pit on our new members, I submitted this request to stand as a "warning" for other people not to troll the forums like that.

The Retardism in this thread has been stewed to a perfection.

Fuck it, just fuck it.

well must change my view, remove Verox, it is just not acceptable what he did.

Wait a minute, removal is not enough, and ban should follow the removal

The Retardism in this thread has been stewed to a perfection.

Fuck it, just fuck it.

Nope, still lacking a dash of understanding of sarcasm.

How could it not be intentional? His hands didn't accidentally hit the keyboard, register a forum account and make a post, hit submit and then not realize it.

FOr those wondering I did not make this poll.

I defined it as "Declared Intentional".

I view that as premeditated and deliberate attack/subversion as opposed to reactionary/whim based.

If this was something that was talked about before hand/planned, and users were brought in to be part of the effort, if they participated or not, then I would considered it to be "Declared Intentional".

I did not see the original thread in that light.

Some people have a longer window of lapsed judgement than others.

Sidenote to bring up a catchphrase that should not even need to be mentioned.

UO Anon Polls are not your personal army.

Not the first time he has fucked up.

Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm not even sure the poll is valid; surely a regular removal poll has to name the regular?

Definitely not.

Removing someone who is a UOTC Instructor is uncalled for, even for what happened here. It was a joke.

I'm not even sure the poll is valid; surely a regular removal poll has to name the regular?

It would be better if it didn't.

You see all these people changing their votes once they learned who it was?

Thats why. The punishment should fit the crime.

It is not a poll to remove someone based on a series of poor choices (which would warrant a removal), but rather a poll based on one specific incident.

Dont know who were talking about and if its Verox i vote no based on my experience with him.

* Please dont open reg removal posts with indirect name advise which i think is very confusing no matter what purpose (drama reduction/personal attacks) most of us are mature enough to deal with regular removal polls (And if we dont we should go a radical way name the author of request and show all votes with names so no one can hide behind ano poll anymore and has to take full responsibility for his vote). But please again, this is just my opinion!

But removal of regularship is not a punishment for specific instances of rule breaking: those are dealt with by bans. In fact, regulars can be removed without breaking any specific rules at all. Removal invovles a judgment of the individual's contribution as a whole.

It's quite another matter if we have managed to vote in a load of regular who vote like sheep along friendship clique lines, rather than judging matters by merit.

Voting no. Though either moderation for 3 days or a 12 hour ban would be appropriate.

Also I agree with Unreal, Removal threads should be allowed to have a name, but not required. It keeps the popularity contest out *For at least a couple hours*

Voting no. Though the original post was in bad taste, I don't feel like it deserves a removal or regularship. He just needs to be told to cop on.

Don't care who he is, or who asked for this: two charter rules were broken.

However, there is an obvious lack of malice behind it, while also being ultimately harmless.

Therefore removing the Regularship would be an excessively harsh punishment. But some other form of (minor) censoring for breaching the rules of conduct should still take place, since as Regulars we have even more of an obligation to conduct ourselves in accordance to the rules that we have set and agreed to follow.

For f* sake, people can't joke in this community whiteout fear of ban. I got banned once for 2 weeks because of supposed metagaiming during TvT even thou I gave away fake info and team was speaking Russian... At first I thought I was the only one banned like that, but now that I've seen this thread, I'm starting to get paranoid...

This whole thread is one of the most offensive things I've ever read. Let's break it down shall we?

First off, this poll appears to have been created with the intent to remove one player but in reality it was going after another player. It's hilarious to watch people in this thread freakin argue for removing this player but instantly re-neg the moment it is revealed who was the actual culprit. If the player did it, and you feel that the player who did should be removed, it should be grounds for removal no matter who the player is. If you're biased then don't post, because you look like a moron going after someone after providing several good reasons and then just changing the vote because the person who did it isn't who you thought it was. You people should all be ashamed, fucking children.

Secondly you're anonymously removing an anonymous player. Wtf is up with that?! I wasn't aware that Sherlock Holmes Impulse9 was now a member of the community. I'm sure it's perfectly possible to acquire this info, but why not do the digging and discover who the real culprit was instead of simply removing...no one?

Just grow the fuck up people, stand by what you believe if you feel so strongly about it. If not, than shut up.

For the record this was sarcasm, I voted no regardless of who it was.

There should be an abstain option for people who feel there bias would e

Affect their vote. That way the votes you see would have more weight and be less subject to bias. There would be no way to enforce an abstain vote, but it could be viewed as honorable.

That being said I think the joke was in poor taste considering our new found publicity, but this is what the warning system is for, not removal

This whole thread is one of the most offensive things I've ever read. Let's break it down shall we?

First off, this poll appears to have been created with the intent to remove one player but in reality it was going after another player. It's hilarious to watch people in this thread freakin argue for removing this player but instantly re-neg the moment it is revealed who was the actual culprit. If the player did it, and you feel that the player who did should be removed, it should be grounds for removal no matter who the player is. If you're biased then don't post, because you look like a moron going after someone after providing several good reasons and then just changing the vote because the person who did it isn't who you thought it was. You people should all be ashamed, fucking children.

Secondly you're anonymously removing an anonymous player. Wtf is up with that?! I wasn't aware that Sherlock Holmes Impulse9 was now a member of the community. I'm sure it's perfectly possible to acquire this info, but why not do the digging and discover who the real culprit was instead of simply removing...no one?

Just grow the fuck up people, stand by what you believe if you feel so strongly about it. If not, than shut up.

Agree with the first part fully. Vote for the crime, not for the person.

Thenedond part though...the officers knew who it was the whole time, but didn't say who because they knew it would affect people's votes. Which it did, clearly.

My point with the second part was that, yes the officers probably knew, why didn't the person who submitted this freakin ask them who it was? If they did, and the officers didn't know, why didn't they find out?

Short of being polled, we are not going to discuss warning level increases with members that affect other members, nor disclose any personal information that can be used.

I would not give out IP information, nor inform other players of whom has received warning level increases.

The user that submitted this poll was informed of this, and chose to submit the poll regardless of knowing whom it would affect.

The submitting user had the option to poll for the name release, although I have strong reservations about giving out any personal data upon requests.