Sign in to follow this  
Marshy

Hi there.

Marshy here calling in for duty. I've almost set up everything, teamspeak, six, arma 2. I can't wait to play with you guys.

Just a few questions: On teamspeak what key to you recommend to setup for push to talk?

Once I'm setup can I just join an active server and wait for further orders?

Finally are players allowed to use the training servers to familiarize themselves with everything?

Laters.

Welcome Marshy:) To answer your first question, I have my team speak talk key set to my "left ctrl" key.

On teamspeak what key to you recommend to setup for push to talk?

Mouse 4.

Once I'm setup can I just join an active server and wait for further orders?
Join the primary server, recommend a tuesday, friday or saturday for best chance of having a training buddy.

Finally are players allowed to use the training servers to familiarize themselves with everything?
Go for it, alternatively join the UOTC Famil course.

Welcome Marshy!

I'm fairly new myself so if you ever see me in your squad don't hesitate to ask me "noobie" questions as I'm sure I've already asked someone else, haha.

welcome

Sadly i cant point you in the direction of a course to help you right now but i can provide you a link to some vidoes of these courses.

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/9373-tasels-aar-and-uotc-videos/page__p__118213#entry118213

i will recomend that you at least spend a few hours watching through the famil course and the fireteam ops course

for your other qustions

1 i use voice activation

2 yes you can, but when you slot in you want to listen for what squads the Commander asks people to slot in and only go for those. and you might want to advice your Fire team Leader that you are new so he can take that into account.

3 yes the Training server is a free resourse and will only be locked when UOTC does advanced courses

Thanks a lot everyone, I'm gonna take a look at those videos now. I was in the main server yesterday, I did a lot of walking, someone gave me a quadbike ride and I "fell" out of a helicopter (haha it sounds like a top gear intro). I was mostly clueless in what I was doing though, I'm really only familiar with basic arma 2 controls heh.

For TS I recommend using a keybind away from the modifier keys, there is some ACE commands you need to do which uses them so its probably not cool hot micing. It still comes down to preference but I use a button on my mouse (normally M3 (pushing down scroll wheel))

Which reminds me I need to change my ingame comm key to my mouse as well :biggrin:

Marshy if you are about tomorrow about 17:00 I am running an informal intro to arma (based off of Toads one) so if you come along I will make sure you are sorted and I will try and answer all questions but we will first of all focus on the extreme basics so you have the fundamentals you need to operate in the missions. Failing that if I am on TS just message or talk to me and if I am free I will help.

For TS I recommend using a keybind away from the modifier keys, there is some ACE commands you need to do which uses them so its probably not cool hot micing. It still comes down to preference but I use a button on my mouse (normally M3 (pushing down scroll wheel))

Which reminds me I need to change my ingame comm key to my mouse as well :biggrin:

Marshy if you are about tomorrow about 17:00 I am running an informal intro to arma (based off of Toads one) so if you come along I will make sure you are sorted and I will try and answer all questions but we will first of all focus on the extreme basics so you have the fundamentals you need to operate in the missions. Failing that if I am on TS just message or talk to me and if I am free I will help.

I'll be there. :laugh:

I think this is our first Welshman....no?

Hello there :smile:

First announced Welshman maybe.