Grizzly

Eve Online

When you consider most of it was my stuff and I was paying him either way... :ph34r:

On another note, could we be like cool kids and get a sub fourm? Cause, you know. Yeah

Edited by HiRezolution

Just so you guys know I am working a very long intense week so my playtime will be pretty much non existant. I am keeping training going on Vanese and Vanese Miner but I am pretty much getting up at 9am and getting home at 2am. Hopefully next week will be much less intense but that remains to be seen.

Also after looking at the various battleships available to me as gallente I have decided that I'm not a huge fan of them, and will instead continue to push my skills and fittings so that I can fit the Talos into a terrifying killing machine for both PVE and PVP. I have way to much fun flying that ship (even tried the myrmidon and it feels like a slow brick with an airsoft gun for weapons).

HeadShot threatened to kill small children if I didn't join. :biggrin:

But I know absolutely nothing about the game.

He threatened to kill me?

He threatened to kill me?

No, he didn't threaten.

I made him promise.

Good thing Fighter joined, eh?

Fghteri: yes, Planetside syndrome. Flavor of the month.

I hate to say this but sometimes it's getting painful to play on the primary server at night (US night) and I've been watching a lot of Eve game play vids lately. I've always had a slight interest in it but the thought that the game was mainly for statisticians and that it was best played using excel files scared me away, that and the fear of getting ganked and losing everything I've worked for didn't help either. But now that Iv'e revisited it it seems that there's more to Eve than just the market and it looks like if you play it somewhat safe you can get by.

Needless to say, I'm kind of interested in trying it and was wondering if anybody had a 21 day guest invite they could share please?

Needless to say, I'm kind of interested in trying it and was wondering if anybody had a 21 day guest invite they could share please?

There you go :smile:

https://secure.eveon...40&action=buddy

Also, though you can get killed even in highsec there are some simple rules that prevent you from losing everything you worked for. Never fly something you can't afford to lose. Never transport too expensive stuff in one go, not very expensive loads in untanked ships - but that's when you get rich, it doesn't really concern you know, only loads over a couple hundred million. A lot of other stuff but as a new player you don't have much to fear in highsec. But if you go to nullsec or even lowsec then you're free game.

It's all about knowing your surroundings and how to behave.

And tbh, there's no other feeling than risking a 2, 3 bilion ship in pvp, adrenaline pumping like crazy :smile:

Edited by Endy

Also, try downloading this guide: http://www.isktheguide.com/#dwnl (pdf format)

It's the most comprehensive guide for new EvE players out therem explaining the basic game concepts and what is possible in the game, well structured information too, you can look stuff up as you go. Trust me, EvE is not any other game in terms of complexity so that will help you a lot.

Edited by Endy

Just got my first destroyer and it's official...i'm addicted. Thanks for showing me another way to waste hours upon hours sitting at the computer :dry:

Now all I need to do is find out a way to share what BPO's and BPC's I have and what I can make without violating Opsec in a horrendous way. Hmm

Now all I need to do is find out a way to share what BPO's and BPC's I have and what I can make without violating Opsec in a horrendous way. Hmm

Corp mail ?

-Wolf

Make a mail list for MPTC Production and send a corp mail telling people to join it, they can request production from you that way as well

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there was any update on getting a dedicated section for EVE on the forums? Last I heard something like that was being planned. -- Most probably will reactivate my account sometime soon.

Also, (brace yourselves for a dumb question I've always wanted to ask) has anyone ever tried solely existing of PLEX? I mean I guess it's possible on an individual scale but can it be done to feed a whole corporation?

With 0.0 bills to pay it would be very hard for a corporation to be able to PLEX each of its members, especially if the corp has lots of them. If everyone pulled their weight and made enough ISK to donate into a PLEX fund I guess it could be possible though. Personally i've not paid for subscription for 6 months now, just used PLEX.

With 0.0 bills to pay it would be very hard for a corporation to be able to PLEX each of its members, especially if the corp has lots of them. If everyone pulled their weight and made enough ISK to donate into a PLEX fund I guess it could be possible though. Personally i've not paid for subscription for 6 months now, just used PLEX.

Ah, understood! -- Yeah also even if people did pool for PLEX I guess there would be no incentive or room for much else after. Also last I checked in the market, the price of PLEX was something like 66BN?!

Out of curiosity though, what is it you do? I'm assuming mass trade or mining? (actually more of a guess TBH)

Out of curiosity though, what is it you do? I'm assuming mass trade or mining? (actually more of a guess TBH)

I mine and make big ships like freighters and carriers. It's a nice feeling seeing someone undock in a huge ship that you spent 2 weeks making!

Oh, that and the fact freighters sell for 1.6bn, carriers for 1.2-1.3bn. That's nice too :)

Plex sells for 550m...

Bad guess on my part then, was just curious in general though as to whether or not it was possible. - Infact, my entire time on EVE has been within the buddy system so I have been shielded by my good friends from what goes on in LOW SEC. Hell I'd go around on their PVE missions grabbing all the junk, getting excited when the loot topped 1M. :biggrin:

I mine and make big ships like freighters and carriers. It's a nice feeling seeing someone undock in a huge ship that you spent 2 weeks making!

Oh, that and the fact freighters sell for 1.6bn, carriers for 1.2-1.3bn. That's nice too :smile:

Ah fair enough, maybe if I work hard enough I'll become your rival in a few years. :tongue:

Watching the Youtube channel EVE is Easy right now though, seems quite intuitive if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.c...y?feature=watch

Edited by RustyUK