Grizzly

Eve Online

The best mmo ever.

Been there, deeep in the wabbit hole, with roadkill and atlas in the end. Fought against goons and russians etc. in some of the biggest battles in multiplayer gaming. Back when one titan was a wow thing.

Flying up to carrier. Took some time to get off this addiction. Most of my SP is in small roam gangs. Still think about it with very very good memories, just no good alliance to join to, the old ones died :(

No hisec fun for me, life starts in nullsec.

The best mmo ever.

Been there, deeep in the wabbit hole, with roadkill and atlas in the end. Fought against goons and russians etc. in some of the biggest battles in multiplayer gaming. Back when one titan was a wow thing.

Flying up to carrier. Took some time to get off this addiction. Most of my SP is in small roam gangs. Still think about it with very very good memories, just no good alliance to join to, the old ones died :sad:

No hisec fun for me, life starts in nullsec.

Damn, you fought the goons? Well, safe to say you've been around for a while.

Gallente suck now, the best race for PVE is Caldari (tengu>all). For PVP Minmatar and Amarr tie for the top spot.

gallente is also really good for pve. Just get some sentry drones and snipe everything out. Really cheap too because unlike ammo, drones dont cost anything (if you keep them alive)

For semi-AFK mission running and the like Gallente are fine but in terms of isk/hour a good Tengu is the way forward, I currently make around 70 million an hour running Guristas forsaken hubs with a Tengu alt. Also ammo costs are pretty much a non-issue unless you insist on using faction ammo.

Reading the above I guess I chose wrong by picking Gallente, I just liked what they stood for, you know, freedom and democracy and shit.

Just because you're gallente doesn't mean you're stuck flying gallente ships, I fly a Widow (Caldari black-ops) atm and i'm a gallente.

Id say stick to Minimatar for most things for pvp, especially solo and small gang. Amarr bs's are pretty good for big fleets. Then again, you can always go for the good ole drake.

My man char will stick with gallante tbh but i am close to mini hacs and logi so i may as well keep going, my secondary account i am not sure what i am doing ti it, i have started on another pvp min char but think i might just head caldari for an agent mission whore

I actually started as an amarr roleplayer. Turned out pvp in this game is far far more fun than anywhere else. Especially in nullsec. Flying amarr only till this day.

I started playing eve about 6 months after it released and played pretty steady for 5+ years. Unfortunately, EVE requires a ridiculous amount of time to enjoy and CCP pretty much ruined the game with scanner changes, too many ship types, and POS's.

I was a member of DNA, we dominated lower Syndicate for a long time and were responsible for some of the most popular early EVE videos. We created Griefwatch.net. We were heavily involved in many of m0o's early exploits. The first alliance tournament had one of our pilots as a commentator and the post-tourny interviews were conducted on our TS server. We used to kick the shit out of the guys that created Goonswarm. :P I loved EVE but sadly it just isn't the same game anymore.

Ahhh m0o, their first invasion into Fountain they single handily opened our eyes on how to pvp in the game, thankfully we realised quickly the enjoyment that could be had and left the Xanadu manufacturing leadership into the big blue yonder of pewpepw :biggrin:

Goonswam were trash as individual players, they came crawling to ATUK for assistance on ship set-ups and fleet ops. I do remember the first night we agreed to take them out on one of our roams, think it was in CA space but we had like 50-60 mainly BS and they turned up with 200 pilots in rifters - quite funny.

I am slowly getting back into the game right now but carebearing it and its driving me mental, I want to blow stuff up but my skills are weak, going to concentrate on small fleet pvp and just sort my skills.

POS was the thing that ruined the game for us at the time, in ATUK we liked the fact we didnt really have a home although some would say it was Curse due to the amount of times we were there fighting CA and then the Russians but it was nice just to move into an area but the whole sov and having to have dread fleets bored me silly.

I know lots who play eve are against a an allowed redistribution of the skill points but damn I am 100% for it cause mine suck, got a 27mil sp char and not even an optimal tackler, will take 67 days to be just that geeezzz.

I hope you at least manage to have some fun. I went back several times and it never lasted. Although, I think that the people you play with has the most impact on whether EVE is enjoyable.

Oh yeah its totally the people you play with, we had a cracking group of folk who Xanadu who left with us to form MACE and then when we got invited into ATUK it got even better, much fun was had.

I

Me and a few clanmates figured we'd give EVE another go whilst it was going cheap. We still pretty much have noob ships and equipment but if anyone is willing we'd appriciate any help :)

Repping TEST alliance here, Goonie brothers :P

Try and make your way down to Nullsec Fountain, 6VDT, even if you're a 'newbro'; you won't regret it.

Played two trials, got screwed on the first one, went pretty far on the second one, but like Thawk said, I don't have the money to get into it either. If I did, I would be green-light-go for this.

If you do start playing don't make the mistake of mining veld in high sec and then complaining that the game is boring. Go join TEST and pvp in nullsec, most fun you will ever have in eve.

I am a goon, i have 14 accounts, although started taking a break recently, (playing arma and what not) unsubbed all but 3 XD, I'm "Immaya"(my main) / "Scary Beary"

I also like super capital warfare because i own one (just to make me less popular here)

the super? a nyx, i have 5 accounts trained to nighthawks, 2 drake accounts, 3 basi accounts, 1 vulture account (for bonuses for all of the above, i use to solo run incursions before the nerf) + a amarr pilot trained for dreads, zealot and stuff; and a gallente pilot trained to sit in my nyx, + training it for dread and it can fly, ehh a lot of gallente stuff, and last but not least, my main which can fly any thing gallente + some minmatar (except for titan, and destroyer :S don't never trained it lol)

the super? a nyx, i have 5 accounts trained to nighthawks, 2 drake accounts, 3 basi accounts, 1 vulture account (for bonuses for all of the above, i use to solo run incursions before the nerf) + a amarr pilot trained for dreads, zealot and stuff; and a gallente pilot trained to sit in my nyx, + training it for dread and it can fly, ehh a lot of gallente stuff, and last but not least, my main which can fly any thing gallente + some minmatar (except for titan, and destroyer :S don't never trained it lol)

how do you afford all that stuff geez