Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

The UO logo

Graphics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you with the current graphics?

• 1 - Time to explore the possibility for new graphics.
    • 2 -
    • 3 - Neutral.
    • 4 -
    • 5 - Keep what we have.
  2. 2. If we keep our current graphics which logo should we use?

• Logo 1
    • Logo 2

I like logo 1 and voted to use it as it suits an online forum more, however I would like to get logo two as an arm patch so I can attach it to my airsoft jacket.

Ohh good shout on the patch Soupy!

As I have no photoshop skills I will backseat:

I like the fireteam idea but maybe remove one member and have them running alongside a bradley (make it a different color) as a background. Makes it a little bit more dynamic, as someone said in this thread.

I think trying to add more than the two figures in the logo is overkill to be honest. I fumbled around with their placing for a good while when I made the logo, trying to balance between the best use of space and still making the figures easily identifiable. Another consideration is how the image scales down. Will it still be easily recognizable? That problem was one of the reasons that drove me to do my redesign.

I like the fireteam idea. Maybe not the last figure looking at the ground.

He's actually looking around a corner, but the silhouette outlines resembles a face funnily enough. I'll see if I can find better ones.

I think trying to add more than the two figures in the logo is overkill to be honest. I fumbled around with their placing for a good while when I made the logo, trying to balance between the best use of space and still making the figures easily identifiable. Another consideration is how the image scales down. Will it still be easily recognizable? That problem was one of the reasons that drove me to do my redesign.

this. compare:

oPPTo.png

Simpler is better and keep in mind we see these logos most as patches on in game characters and vehicles. I personally like the present logo, adding at most a radio to represent ACRE.

Why stick to one logo? Especially with store items, you've got a lot of flexibility as to what can go where, what suits and what doesn't, etc. If the store items are the primary focus of this, and not a complete overhaul of the logo as a whole, I don't see any reason to stick to just one. Like, I'd buy a t-shirt with the big UO- arma community logo piespy posted; and it would look the BOMB; but it wouldn't work as a patch or civvie TRF. It all depends on the situation