Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

The UO logo

Graphics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you with the current graphics?

• 1 - Time to explore the possibility for new graphics.
    • 2 -
    • 3 - Neutral.
    • 4 -
    • 5 - Keep what we have.
  2. 2. If we keep our current graphics which logo should we use?

• Logo 1
    • Logo 2

Preparatory to starting a UO store we would like to start a discussion about the UO logo. Now is the time to make sure the community is either satisfied with our graphics or wants to explore the possibility for new graphics. The first question addresses your satisfaction with the current graphics. Feel free to post ideas for new graphics in this thread.

When we start the store we want to keep it simple with one logo. On the condition we keep the current graphics (Question 1) which logo should we use on items like ball caps, shirts and mugs (disregard size or resolution)? In the future I will put up a poll as to which items we should start the store with.

Logo 1:

scooby_banner_bg.png

Logo 2:

patch1_3.png

Apparently noone reads this section, I would've expected posts in here.

Anyway, I must know about this UO Store...

I am happy with the current UO logo. I always have been. Its been our logo from the start, is recognisable and people have come to associate that logo with us and it is also our in game logo printed on our arms and the vehicles we drive. If we were to change I would like to see it basically look the same just with tweaks so it is still recognisable if it needed to be done.

I just would like to see the M249 guy replaced with an SL carrying an ACRE radio.

Incorporating the ACRE part of it would be most interesting.

I just would like to see the M249 guy replaced with an SL carrying an ACRE radio.

I agree, that would be perfect.

Should I move this to Regulars Discussions?

I don't see why you would. No real reason to. Non Regs can have good Ideas and input as well. Since its not only going to be Regs that are going to be purchasing these.

The first one to me will translate to just about any apparel more easily than the second. The second one I could see for Like Mouse pads or Objects that don't have its own background. Just because there is a possibility to have something conflict with the color scheme.

well the bloomy effect on the 1st one really wouldnt work well on a t-shirt IMHO

and id probably like it more if one of them had a grenade launcher M-16/m4 (looks cooler)

Frat one would look good across a hoodie or tshirt. Second for a hat or mousepad. Though the first on a hat would be kinda cool as well.

UO store item idea: Framed copy of the UO Charter signed by all the Regulars.

2nd logo would be better for T-shirts, hats, and mousepads.

Sign a piece of paper, scan it in, send it in...

or the first one, cause its best one.

Ofcourse you should keep te current logo for what it is. But the second one is more impressive, and recognizable.

I'm speaking for what i've seen, i wasn't impressed by the logo at all. (Lack of colours I think)

If we were to change I would like to see it basically look the same just with tweaks so it is still recognisable if it needed to be done.

That's the best thing to do I think.

*waits for falcon to request removal of RCO from the left guy*

I did some work about a year ago regarding a redesign, i was fooling around with trying to turn the "O" to resemble the sight picture of an M16.

siggeh.png

logoprototype.png

I like the current logos and the one that PieSpy has cooked up. Definitely think we need to explore a little more for a logo that would work well on a hat.

Couldn't hurt to also incorporate more arms into the "silhouette" logo than simply infantrymen. Throwing in a helicopter or a tank would not only make it newer and fresher, but would also give people a more immediate impression of the dynamism and variety in the missions we play.

I like the current logos and the one that PieSpy has cooked up. Definitely think we need to explore a little more for a logo that would work well on a hat.

Couldn't hurt to also incorporate more arms into the "silhouette" logo than simply infantrymen. Throwing in a helicopter or a tank would not only make it newer and fresher, but would also give people a more immediate impression of the dynamism and variety in the missions we play.

Best way to appeal to newer players is apparently the sillouhette of a pilot bailing out of an A10 holding a Tac-50 and with a Jav strapped to his back :D

On a serious note. I do like our current logo, but the idea of it done again with an ACRE radio thrown in might be a nice, albeit, minor change! I think planes and tanks would have it too clustered but who knows maybe with some clever sillouhetting, as in infantry sillouetted against tank and tank against the background, you could do it and have it look nice.

Oooh yes, I like this idea. ACRE is something we do that others don't and deserves a prominant mention in our logo.

I still prefer Logo 2 though...