Sign in to follow this  
fusionpoo

Regular Removal for Hughes24thMEU [2012-05-06]

34 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this user as a regular

• yes
    • no

Inactivity

This poll will run for 14 days, and requires a 2/3 vote to pass.

Edited by Hawkeye
autoclose

He still shows up to TS once in a month or so - hes a Marine in the MEU.

This poll is wrong minded. We should exempt active military from these inane exercises.

He is currently training at a different base. He said he plans to come back. He does not have access to a gaming computer but still shows interest in this community by checking into the forum.

I agree with Hawkeye on this one. He shows up on TS every chance he can get between training and asks whats new. He makes as much an effort as he can afford to stay active with us. It's not like he just stopped coming here like other removal polls.

The two people above explain exactly why I did not put Hughes up for removal in my sweep.

Hughes has the option to return to the community and reapply for regular status when the time is available to him. Many people have RL things that preclude playing videogames, active military shouldn't get a blanket exemption, and I see no specific reason to exempt Hughes.

However, his forum profile says: Last Active 2012-03-31 @ 17:20

Far more recent than the 90 day rule being used so far, so my vote is no.

Thats all you guys have to do is go on witch hunts and rat each other out . All you rat catchers need to get together and make a video and call it " Hot Regs Have Problems too", get a ___ life and grow up. This community was started by a bunch of like minded gamers looking for a fresh start and is turning into a back biting , back stabbing, small minded ,whining assholes.

Edited by Hawkeye
wording

Thats all you guys have to do is go on witch hunts and rat each other out . All you rat catchers need to get together and make a video and call it " Hot Regs Have Problems too", get a ___ life and grow up. This community was started by a bunch of like minded gamers looking for a fresh start and is turning into a back biting , back stabbing, small minded ,whining assholes.

I don't think the point of the removal polls are to remove someone certain people don't like. Most of the removal polls up are for inactivity because someone cannot contribute to the community when they are inactive. It's not like they are being removed from ever playing again. Like Bloodbane said, someone like this could always reapply.

Why is this necessary in the first place? Do you only have a certain amount of space on the rolls? It is not like they are taking up floor space and the fire marshall is going to shut the place down for ovewcrowding. It seems to me if you are busy playing the game, any game you don't have time or even care about who is showing up. The forum can be good for information passing and friendly banter but mostly its bullshit , swagger and E-penis so most people stay out of it. My thoughts are its how people play the game, how they treat each other in game and on TS that really matters. How often they show up or post in the forum should be secondary. The community is starting to be mired down in rules and regulations and spouting off charter numbers that sound like the California vehicle code. It is first and foremost a gaming community, a place to get together and have fun in your spare time , you have way too many bean counters.

I agree with Hawkeye on this one. He shows up on TS every chance he can get between training and asks whats new. He makes as much an effort as he can afford to stay active with us. It's not like he just stopped coming here like other removal polls.

Just a FYI guys, Hughes is saving money for a gaming laptop - he told me that last time when he jumped on TS and talked to us.

Why do they need to be removed?

Removing inactive regulars is a necessary piece of housekeeping to maintain the integrity of regular status. Inactive regulars simply don't deserve a voice in the operation of UO. Allowing people to keep their regular status when they lack either the desire or ability to be involved with the community gives an unfair voice to people who should not have the right to dictate the policies of UO.

The other option is to allow all those with regular status to remain and vote on UO policy indefinitely - which is silly. Why should people who have shown little to no continued interest in UO be allowed to a voice?

The charter modification that passed earlier today should largely deal with this problem, hopefully we won't have to see more polls of this nature.

If they are inactive, how can they affect anything?

They neither hurt nor help by being inactive. Removing them has no effect other than to force them to reapply if they come back, and then be voted down because a bunch of new guys don't know him. If there were made a regular once, they were deemed mature enough to vote with the interest in the community at heart. When I go to college, can I expect to be removed since I won't be checking the forums because I wont have a computer to game on anyway? Even though I know I'll be back eventually?

If they are inactive, how can they affect anything?

They neither hurt nor help by being inactive. Removing them has no effect other than to force them to reapply if they come back, and then be voted down because a bunch of new guys don't know him. If there were made a regular once, they were deemed mature enough to vote with the interest in the community at heart. When I go to college, can I expect to be removed since I won't be checking the forums because I wont have a computer to game on anyway? Even though I know I'll be back eventually?

Being a regular is not a judgement of maturity, it is a judgement of involvement and interest. When involvement and interest are judged by the rest of the regulars to be insufficient, regulars are removed. The effect of this is exactly what I said above: to remove the ability of uninvolved regulars to affect the policies of UO. People are often judged for regular status on the basis of maturity, but it isn't the defining aspect of being a regular, simply a qualification.

We cannot tell who will or will not be back eventually, even well meaning people get distracted by changes in their life and may or may not actually be able to return. If you go to college and take absolutely no interest in UO, yes you will be removed, as per today's charter modification. So will anyone else who does not log on to the forums for 90 consecutive days.

It boils down to this: regulars who are not taking an active interest in the community are not regulars.

Stop attacking each other. Stick to the topic. If you have a point to make, make it please.

Maybe we should just give regulars a term in office and they have to re-apply every month, so we can judge how active they have been in the community and whether they deserve the prestigious title.

:rolleyes:

I guess ill just have to hit login once every 90 days I'm gone but then I still be under threat of being removed by people who have nothing better to do but clean the golden plaque of regularship.