dayz_newsheader_4.jpg

Day Z, is a POST APOCALYPSE zombie survival in Arma 2. A very intresting mod. Me, dekret and several others have tryed it already.

All your stuff is saved, and is automaticly ported from server to server. The only time you have to worry about losing your stuff is if you die.

You will need to find food, water and new weapons in order to survive. You can also collect parts to assemble a vehicle, and set up tents which you can save your gear in.

Either team up or go solo, but trust me. Dont ever trust anybody. If you get hurt you will need to find medical supplies such as, Morphine injector, bandages, painkillers and you might even need to get a blood transfusion.

• Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations
    • New weapons and vehicles
    • USEC Custom Medical System
    • Persistent Server
    • Tons of new objects
    • Hunting and Survival
    • Heavy Optimisation
    • And Much More! The only way to find out, Is to survive

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=16613

http://www.dayzmod.com/

I had tons of fun playing this with final, dekret and def... though, final got me killed! & left me to get eaten by a horde of like 20 zombies haha, is really good fun though.

I want to play it. With ACRE. And if possible, with ACE.

Me and Kassa are playing right now

I played it the other night and is great fun. seems the mod is messing with my game though when I join UO servers I hear the zombie screams, not complaining though :D

ACE is not compatible with this mod. Author (who is working for BIS btw), says that ACE is not needed and not compatible (bugs and glitches possible), because of the way this mod is made. He wrote his own scripts.

PS: They got their own servers.

Link to thread on BIS forums: http://forums.bistud...al-Mod%29-Alpha

From BI thread:

!!!! IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER !!!!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL MODIFICATION OR RELEASE. IT IS MY PERSONAL WORK' date=' RELEASED TO YOU FOR FREE! IT IS ALSO IN ALPHA, WITH PLACEHOLDER ITEMS AND SOME SOUNDS[/b']

IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THIS MOD: BUY PMC AND CARRIER COMMAND FROM THE BI STORE!... NOW!!!

Yeah it seemed to work in game, side/global/vechile was heard by all but group was local only.

Yeah, it would be epic if there was some sort of radio system was put in as it gets annoying with everyone on side but apart from that its a brilliant game, we should all arrange to go on... get like 10 of us to go on and cause some mass destruction of zombies... and people :)

This game is no fucking joke...

been playing for like 20 minutes and died twice.

Though I did spawn in the dead of night with shit all

Tents just lose your gear, don't trust em.

Dylan, Devildog and I just wandered around Cherno and fucked shit up. We logged off with a pair of 1866 shotguns and a M1014.

We setup a basecamp, but the server reset and I have a good feeling all that shit is gone now since we were just tossing it on the ground.

Definately something you have to do in buddy teams. I nearly died several times because I went off on my own to explore. Kill that instinct. Stick with the group.

Only reason why i survived is the other guy had a crossbow and I had a semi automatic shotgun. He hit me once.

I hit him eight times.

12 Gauge ftw.

Tents just lose your gear, don't trust em.

Dylan, Devildog and I just wandered around Cherno and fucked shit up. We logged off with a pair of 1866 shotguns and a M1014.

We setup a basecamp, but the server reset and I have a good feeling all that shit is gone now since we were just tossing it on the ground.

Definately something you have to do in buddy teams. I nearly died several times because I went off on my own to explore. Kill that instinct. Stick with the group.

Only reason why i survived is the other guy had a crossbow and I had a semi automatic shotgun. He hit me once.

I hit him eight times.

12 Gauge ftw.

So if you disconnect while you gear is placed in a tent you lose it all?

I'm rendering the videos now of Me, Reaper, Rat, Cro and Dylan kicking some zombie and player ass and Reaper I was aiming at that guy you will see lol

Yeah I was really dissappointed by the crossbow.

One shot to kill a zombie with the 44, and 3 with the crossbow.

And I don't even know how many with another player, I only got one off before those assholes in the town killed me.

Sounds like you guys met up after I logged off and got some shit done, nice.

Just had an awesome go at this until the server crashed will write up a full AAR xD got a UAZ too

Just had an awesome go at this until the server crashed will write up a full AAR xD got a UAZ too

Damn Herbiie a UAZ im jealous lol

Can't wait to check out the video, was a shit ton of fun last night.

Can't wait to check out the video, was a shit ton of fun last night.

Hell yeah once I clear up some Harddrive space im gonna hope back on for more :smile: Heres part 1 from the events last night :)

My first game of this involved getting on in the middle of night, initially being too damn stubborn to use a flare, finding a pair of guys walking along the road with their own flare, murder them and take their shit, then pair up with another guy and go hiking cross-country by flare-light. We made it about 2 kilometers before being horribly mauled while making the foolish decision to enter a town.

I never thought I'd have so much fun not being able to see more than 20 meters at any time.

If you guys wanna see ace shooting on Devildog's video, skip to 14:50 minute mark. Near the end of the video.

Devil, I betcha that the concrete you were shooting over was taking the rounds. Only thing I can think of. When I shot him, I was standing on top of the concrete pile, so my shot wasn't obscured.

That and I was using a shotgun >.>