Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

[Regular] Nomination for Bandit [2012-04-15]

Regular Nomination for Bandit [2012-04-15]  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bandit Become a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

"For those who have not met me I am Bandit, I have played tactical sim games since OFP & Rainbow Six. I am 23 years old, married & currently stationed in Korea as a MLRS crew member with the US Army. I enjoy playing with UO and have played on the server regularly ever since I got here in Korea. Although I spend a majority of my off duty time playing UO on the weekends, it is normally still in the wee hours of the morning in the west. So I have become familiar with the UO insomniacs & international players. The balance displayed between real world implications of military tactics and techniques and still being able to keep game play fun and organized is the key point is why I want to become a official regular here. I am also willing to share or give small classes on TTP's I have learned in my time in the Army.

Thank you for your consideration

-Bandit

ARMA2 Profile Name: Bandit

ARMA2 Profile ID: 4360582

FYI sorry, for the life of me i can't figure out how to make a poll in this thing. If anyone could edit this for me or tell me how i would appreciate it.

Edited by Hawkeye
autoclose

Yes. Knowledgeable, and is active duty. Is actively committed to the community.

No, I've never played with you and I don't know you. I wouldn't want someone that I don't know representing the community. Nothing personal Bandit.

Serious player, military discipline/knowledge, no bullshit attitude - obvious yes.

I voted no. I have had no in game interaction with him and personally have never seen him online, I hopped onto server tracker just so I know I wasn't at fault due to time differences and saw that it's because he as only played an hour here and there in the last month, with two big play sessions. Sorry if that is too Rambo-ish, I don't mean it to come across that way. Just want to explain my reasoning. Secondly, I just don't see active military as a reason to join the regulars, it's very good and commendable, but seeing someone is a soldier doesn't make me go, ah ok, regular material. Finally, each time I have encountered him on the forums he manages to insult somebody else, in normally a nonsense reply. As in specifically to insult, for no other reason or because of differing opinions.

They are my encounters with him and others may have differing, for instance I have noted nothing that would be "actively committed to the community" other then playing on the server a few hours, I haven't either observed any input to tactics or anything on the forum other then his personal accounts involving his time with the MLRS, if this is what Evan considers committed to the community, then he needs to change a lot of previous votes to be honest. However, I do not think, given my experiences, that he is regular material. However, I do think that due to him being active military he will get voted in simply on that and regardless of "regular" activity or other input, be it positive or the negative I have observed.

yes, played with bandit and he is a cool guy, knows his stuff cool guy and will be a good reg.

I voted no. I have had no in game interaction with him and personally have never seen him online

No in-game interaction.

However, seeing as in-game interaction does not matter for me, I votes yes.

This is based on what I have seen of him on the forum, his active-duty status, etc.

Excellent person to represent UO.

To those whom have expressed a lack of knowledge in regards to Bandit, that is also on you not just him. It's not his fault you decided to vote no immediately, rather than taking the initiative and spending time over the week duration of this poll to find out about him, you know, you can PM the guy. Furthermore he is stationed in South Korea, check the timezones bro, it's the Europeans for Regulars issue all over again.

As for doubts regarding his interest in the community, read the forums, he's on here and he's active. That's where our responsibilities dwell the most in regards to Regularship, on the fourms, not on the server. I just don't get how some Regulars around here don't understand that...you know think about what you do as a Regular. You'll come to realize most of the duties you have are here, where he is both active and engaging.

To those whom have expressed a lack of knowledge in regards to Bandit, that is also on you not just him. It's not his fault you decided to vote no immediately, rather than taking the initiative and spending time over the week duration of this poll to find out about him, you know, you can PM the guy. Furthermore he is stationed in South Korea, check the timezones bro, it's the Europeans for Regulars issue all over again.

As for doubts regarding his interest in the community, read the forums, he's on here and he's active. That's where our responsibilities dwell the most in regards to Regularship, on the fourms, not on the server. I just don't get how some Regulars around here don't understand that...you know think about what you do as a Regular. You'll come to realize most of the duties you have are here, where he is both active and engaging.

Yet you don't do any of these things, my vote remains no. It's not my job to go "inspect" every player here that puts up a poll. If Bandit wants my vote he can talk to me about it. No one in their right mind should vote for someone that they know nothing about.

Anyone can say anything in a PM. For me it's all about behaviour and activity on the server and on the forums.

I have had no interaction with him on the server or TS. He played 2 or so hours of domi in the past week. Not enough for me to see what he is like as I'm never around for domi anyway. We don't know what he is like therefore we cannot vote.

I believe it's the opposite way around. The server is far more important for a regular. Playing, participating, interacting. We represent the community. You interact with far more people on the server and for much longer in a much better way than just through text on the forums, important as it is.

I will not vote yes for someone based on what someone else says, I like to meet them on TS or even better, ingame.

To be fair to him he is very active on the forums, I'll give him that but it's mostly in the guns thread and mocking us airsoft players which wasn't a good first impression.

He has also only been here since the middle of February which would explain why many of us haven't met him.

Given more time I'm sure we will all bump into him at some stage on the server or on TS and if another poll comes around can make a more informed decision.

Poll invalid.

Bandit has be on the Forums only 43 days.

Charter - 5.2.3 - All applicants must be registered and active members of the forums for a minimum of 45 days prior to application.