Sign in to follow this  
NoDebate

[Addon Removal] Everon [2012-04-08]

Remove?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove Everon from the UO Modpack?

• Yes.
    • No.

--- We can free up space in our enormous modpack!

--- Removing Everon will reduce the modpack size (this is explains in my previous point).

--- Given the current technical issue with Grass on Everon, there has been a lack of new missions and a lack of playing missions on Everon.

--- "All missions can be ported to other islands."

--- Personally, I am not a very large fan of Everon. Celle settles the whole "rolling hills" feeling for me. Woods are too sparse. I appreciate the nostalgic reason for adding it (OFP) but, the nostalgic magic has worn off on me.

Edited by Hawkeye
auto close

How much will it free up? If It's less then 500mb, my opinion on this is the same as the majority of the removal threads. Removing these maps won't free up enough space to have "reducing our modpack" as an argument. Losing 100mbs? If you have downloaded 3 gigs, 100mb is nothing. There is no point to just removing one or two maps, we need to do a full review of the entire modpack and remove in bulk if people want to free up space. Even then, I would only go for something freeing up 1gb+ even though it is really a non-issue considering the whole, well, 21st century and all that. I realise people have download limits, but 3-4GBs is still a small fraction of any reasonable download limit and you have to do it once. Remember, when you see our modpack on your hard-drive to make sure you are not counting RSync, as that is the file duplicated by six, so you are in fact only downloading half of the size count you have.

Nodebate, I will have to vote no. Everon is what only is left of original OFP. It's a great island, and I'm currently making a mission for it. There is plenty of other missions on this island also. Grass can be turned off by mission maker, plus on top of this its BIS patch that started it. We need to start complaining to them.

We are trying to remove all those islands for a sake of one 5x5km2 map, that will produce probably no more than 10 missions. This needs to stop.

PS: You are my lover Nodebate lol, but we can't just remove all those islands for a sake of one small map. I had to give my opinion here.

It's 5x5km.

This is the size of Proving Grounds.

For 1/2 a gig.

And you want to remove three other islands, all of a larger combined size (in km^2) for the same amount of storage.

We can still be lovers Mikee, it's alright.

Celle?rolling hills?is this a troll?Celle is perfectly flat.

If this gets removed Boxer and Rex won't be ported to other islands, the original intent of the mission will be lost.

I would actually support removing this and replacing it with the CWR2 version of it which is 10 times better...

When we get Celle V2, then it would be wise to just remove older version of Celle.

Or keep them both side by side since Celle 1 and 2 will be different to each other :)

Celle V2 is in a different area than Celle 1 I thought... well, in any case, its different terrain.

big fan of everon, though the technical issues do need to be fixed. Voting no.

is this a troll?

I'm fairly sure it is. I was pretty disappointed to see this kinda stuff clogging up the voting that people at least had legitimate points for, rather than polls that just exist to prove a point.

I am also disappointed that people are using the polling system to prove a point. But fear not, the system still works. If the majority says it won't get removed it won't.

voting no

I would actually support removing this and replacing it with the CWR2 version of it which is 10 times better...

I would vote yes if we had a [Addon Substitution] poll for that, but as it is now, nope.avi

Was a good map 10 years ago.

Nowadays it's pretty bad for anything involving infantry combat (the staple of gameplay at UO.)

I don't understand why people are so adamant to keep it in the modpack considering it doesn't even have more than three missions on it that are played regularly.

Was a good map 10 years ago.

Nowadays it's pretty bad for anything involving infantry combat (the staple of gameplay at UO.)

I don't understand why people are so adamant to keep it in the modpack considering it doesn't even have more than three missions on it that are played regularly.

Many of us are old OFP players, and this island give us this little part of Operation Flashpoint :). I had great times back in the day (about 8-9 years ago) when playing Coops with Polish Community.

I couldn't agree more about the OFP nostalgia Mikee, but I'm not sure if that's much of a valid reason. Why don't we get some OFP events going around here instead?

I played OFP as well, but that isn't a valid reason to keep around a map that doesn't cater to a modern playstyle. If we're going to have Everon on here, where are the classics from Armed Assault like Sahrani and Afghan Village?

Yeah I miss Sahrani a ton, it's really an awesome island full of personality. Even though I played OFP way more than I did Arma, I think I hold more attachment toward Sahrani.