Sign in to follow this  
Fox_J21

[Regular] Nomination for Fox_J21 [2012-3-1]

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fox_J21 be accepted as a regular?

• Yes.
    • No.

First Thread 7/15/11

Hello.

I'm Fox and I have been here at UO for a little over 10 months now. I love you guys and I wish to help further this community and help United Operations DOT NET grow. As a regular, I vow to exercise my rights for the good of the community, and to share my opinion for the best of the server and the community as a whole. A little about myself, I'm 17, live 'merica, and have always been big on the slower-paced tactical games (PR, Arma, you know, etc.). Although I take them seriously, I do understand that it's a game, and I think that is a huge part of how I play.

...Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your voting...

ARMA2 Profile Name: Fox_J21

ARMA2 Profile ID: 3582656

Voting No. Based solely on the fact that I went into TS, asked FoxJ21 and others why exactly I should vote him in as a regular and the only reason of value was "Because you should" or, "Because I like UO" bla bla bla. Too little too late, congrats on your newly found Regularship. Do good with it.

Voting No. Based solely on the fact that I went into TS, asked FoxJ21 and others why exactly I should vote him in as a regular and the only reason of value was "Because you should" or, "Because I like UO" bla bla bla. Too little too late, congrats on your newly found Regularship. Do good with it.

They were probably trolling, like all TMP are. :P

They were probably trolling, like all TMP are

I beg to disagree... we don't troll, we may do a lot of stupid things, but never have I ever trolled a person. Not counting you.

Also, Singleton, what EXACTLY were you expecting by popping into a channel where people are playing a mission as unserious as possible and asking them a question like that? You got the same answer when you asked us why Soviet should be a regular like 5 seconds earlier. Would he have gotten your vote if he gave you a 10 minute presentation, with a powerpoint and graphs, on why he should be a regular?

Fox has a good head on his shoulders, he genuinely cares about this community and wants to see it grow in a positive manner. Sure, he may not have a particular skill set that he can bring to the table, but neither do the majority of us. Like I did when I put up my poll, he simply wants to have a say in the direction that the community is heading. That should be more than enough reason to vote yes.

Still seems like Singleton's question hasn't been answered.

UO has been my home for the past year. It's where I come to relax after a long day, it's where I come to just spend my time and enjoy myself. As such, I don't want UO to go through another one of those great depressions like we did over the summer. I want to help keep UO active and keep our community open to everyone. In game, I'm here to set an example and make sure everyone enjoys just that-a game. Out of game (TS, Forums, etc.) I just want to keep UO on a straight path and have my voice heard when it comes to SOP or Game add-ons.

I care about this community and want to make it a better place for everyone to be a part of.

I beg to disagree... we don't troll, we may do a lot of stupid things, but never have I ever trolled a person. Not counting you.

Also, Singleton, what EXACTLY were you expecting by popping into a channel where people are playing a mission as unserious as possible and asking them a question like that? You got the same answer when you asked us why Soviet should be a regular like 5 seconds earlier. Would he have gotten your vote if he gave you a 10 minute presentation, with a powerpoint and graphs, on why he should be a regular?

No, not a powerpoint and graphs. I never said such things. I simply asked why. And if the only reason that can be provided, serious or not, is 'just because' that is undeserving of my yes vote.

UO has been my home for the past year. It's where I come to relax after a long day, it's where I come to just spend my time and enjoy myself. As such, I don't want UO to go through another one of those great depressions like we did over the summer. I want to help keep UO active and keep our community open to everyone. In game, I'm here to set an example and make sure everyone enjoys just that-a game. Out of game (TS, Forums, etc.) I just want to keep UO on a straight path and have my voice heard when it comes to SOP or Game add-ons.

I care about this community and want to make it a better place for everyone to be a part of.

Changing my vote from no to abstain for now. I am going to look at this for a little longer and get some more opinions. Good luck Fox.