Sign in to follow this  
DevilDogGamer

Former Marine

Hi, and welcome to UO

Most of the things we do here are based off of US army field manuals from the cold war, pretty basic stuff, you should feel familiar with it.

You should look in to UOTC, there's still a need for instructors, especially americans.

yeah.... WACs are really accurate, and quite enjoyable because of that, the rest depends on the mission maker, some really derp it up with the vehicles (like not giving thermals and such), or somekind of alternative history platoons (that have javelins, bradleys, and m60 tanks), still its pretty good.

anyway welcome, im the annoying loud mouth in game :smile:

Nothing wrong with bradleys, javs, and m60's, they were all used in iraq, there's nothing really unrealistic about it.

Here are some things to know about UO:

-the servers run 24/7

-the level of verisimilitude varies greatly, but is usually pretty high during events

-we do not strive to be a 110% hardcore realism community: most of us play to have fun while utilising proper tactics and comms (e.g: getting a radio message through and clearly is more important than following proper radio procedure*)

-for the most part our missions tend to be an accurate representation of the TO&E utilised by a certain force

*although proper radio procedure is meant to be efficient and hence why it is taught here

Nothing wrong with bradleys, javs, and m60's, they were all used in iraq, there's nothing really unrealistic about it.

didnt m60s only see action once in iraq

Actually, my bad, the m60's were used in desert storm, not the 03 invasion.

Anyways, i still don't really see the problem, i mean, in arma, the m60 can keep up with most other tanks we have

All my Marine friends would jump on this post with both feet. All I will say is this; There is no such thing as a former Marine, once a Marine always a Marine. The brotherhood is imprinted forever.

All my Marine friends would jump on this post with both feet. All I will say is this; There is no such thing as a former Marine, once a Marine always a Marine. The brotherhood is imprinted forever.

Haha that is very true but after awhile I stopped saying i was a marine because people would take that as me still being active duty so i tagged the former infront so people outside the military wouldnt get confused but when i meet another marine i don't use former :)

Haha that is very true but after awhile I stopped saying i was a marine because people would take that as me still being active duty so i tagged the former infront so people outside the military wouldnt get confused but when i meet another marine i don't use former :smile:

This. Do the same thing myself. But, i say "former active duty Marine". Still has the connotation that I am a Marine, just no longer serving actively.

I just spent most of the day playing with all of you guys and I must say im impressed and definitely addicted to this community get use to seeing me around here :)