Sign in to follow this  
DevilDogGamer

Former Marine

Hello

I'm a Former Marine out of 29 Palms and I served 2 tours in the Anbar Province of Iraq. Ive seen a few videos of this group on youtube and I'm very excited to join in some of these Ops with everyone. And from what ive seen you guys are pretty spot on with realism. I have a Youtube channel that is gaining in popularity and I would love to show my subscribers more realism then MW3 and other game. Looking forward to working with all of you and passing on my knowledge and experience with everyone!

welcome.

we have quite a few active/former soldiers here in the community, and on top of that we have quite a few milsimmers who also seem to care about realisem more than the soldiers sometimes, you will most likely have fun here.

if you are looking to pass on your knowledge go ahead and check out the UOTC, and possibly contact myself or Upchuk (both of us have quite a bit mlitary experience)

We have a bunch of active duty and former active duty marines here, you'll fit in fine.

Hello and welcome to UO!

Would just like to ask you something since you were a Marine DM. I was making a mission that had a Marine DM and couldn't find what rifle a DM used around 1995. Would you know so I can update my mission?

That's awesome Devil, like everyone said, there are a lot of active/former duty armed forces here and those that aren't have learned pretty quick. Hope to see you in game

Thats cool im sure ill run into somone on here who was in country at the same time I was. Do you guys always have something running onthe servers 24/7 or only on certain days cuz im looking at the calender and most of the events listed I will be at work for :sad:

we play all day erry day. but ya, theres ussualy people on the servers at all times of the day. Of course there is more of a chance of people coming on weekends and other "prime times" but in general we have missions running each night. The events are just scheduled ahead of time for maximum turn-out and organization

Greetings to one of my fellow Belleau woodsmen! Got out back in '06. I'm one of the training officers here in the UOTC, so if you have any questions, be sure to send me or any of the instructors a PM or poke on TS.

Thats cool im sure ill run into somone on here who was in country at the same time I was. Do you guys always have something running onthe servers 24/7 or only on certain days cuz im looking at the calender and most of the events listed I will be at work for :sad:

The server is up and running 24/7. The events are just scheduled play sessions for people that can make it, but there are always missions on. During off-peak hours you'll get Domination, which is basically a full map conquest type deal, or small scale coops. During on-peak (Friday and weekends), you'll get the high scale and complicated coops and player vs player missions which normally require 50+ players

Hello and welcome to UO!

Would just like to ask you something since you were a Marine DM. I was making a mission that had a Marine DM and couldn't find what rifle a DM used around 1995. Would you know so I can update my mission?

I can't positively say what weapon system they used since that was about 10 years before my service lol but my uncle who was with Marine Corps FAST team was also a DM and Ive seen picture of him with the M-21 so I would have to say that or another earlier variant of that. They also had the real early generation M82A1's back then so that could have also been in the inventory.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know there is no M21 available in ARMA so it may just stay as a scoped M16A2 haha.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know there is no M21 available in ARMA so it may just stay as a scoped M16A2 haha.

That will actually work since we mostly like to used those when we went out we called them SAMR's Semi-Auto Marksmen Rifle

Good to see another Marine at UO, i'm currently an 0811 Cannoneer with 1/11 out at Pendleton

Welcome to UO

I believe I have seen one of your videos before. And you were talking about getting hazed in boot camp or the fleet lol.

Welcome to the group DevilDogGamer, Army here. Haven't been in long though. Just got out of Basic 08 September. You'll fit in great here. UO is no different than any unit in the military. You have your shitbags, those who are great Soldiers, and those who simply follow orders.

Good to see another Marine at UO, i'm currently an 0811 Cannoneer with 1/11 out at Pendleton

Ah Jacksonville had alot of interesting times there haha I'm glad to see there is some MOS diversity around here explains why your Ops are so accurate. :)

Welcome to UO

I believe I have seen one of your videos before. And you were talking about getting hazed in boot camp or the fleet lol.

Ah yeah one of my marine corps monday videos yeah i hated the hazing when i hit the fleet but everyone has to do it. Glad to see someone from here has seen my commentaries :)

Ah Jacksonville had alot of interesting times there haha I'm glad to see there is some MOS diversity around here explains why your Ops are so accurate.

yeah.... WACs are really accurate, and quite enjoyable because of that, the rest depends on the mission maker, some really derp it up with the vehicles (like not giving thermals and such), or somekind of alternative history platoons (that have javelins, bradleys, and m60 tanks), still its pretty good.

anyway welcome, im the annoying loud mouth in game :)

Also saw some of your videos, some pretty funny stuff. Laughed my ass off about the guy who was passed out in the shower.

Thanks for the reply.

You can use the DMR from ArmA II or the M14 RCO from ACE for the same basic functionality as the M21.

Ah Jacksonville had alot of interesting times there haha I'm glad to see there is some MOS diversity around here explains why your Ops are so accurate.

Unfortunately until they get some generators in ARMA, i wont be able to bring my training to bear..... 1141 utilities here.

You can use the DMR from ArmA II or the M14 RCO from ACE for the same basic functionality as the M21.

If someone would make a poll we could get in that RH M14 pack. It has M21s.

Anyways, welcome!

Unfortunately until they get some generators in ARMA, i wont be able to bring my training to bear..... 1141 utilities here.

Haha we always need power how else would we charge our iPods with our war music in it :)

lolololol, utilities. :P

fixed

I've talked to Upchuk before about his career, he knows I kid with him. :smile:

If he doesn't, well, fuck you Upchuk. <3