Mjelnir

Wargame European Escalation

@UnrealNoob

its not really the inf that does the damage take for instance marders in woods they rape gazzelle hordes.

True true true.

I wish they had given the US anti air infantry M6 linebackers for moar stingers

I tend to shy away from RTS games, but I watched the hour-long preview and replay vid the French guy put up and I must say this game looks pretty sweet. Especially the team game and deck-building aspects of it. A couple of questions for anyone playing this: When playing it single player can you slow down the gameplay? I don't mind RTS as long as I can slow it down so I can pay more attention to what's going on all over the map. Also, it doesn't look like this game will be released for a couple of weeks, but I saw that Steam is allowing pre-ordering. Is there much advantage to pre-ordering it or is it all the same if I just wait the two weeks until release?

There's no singleplayer yet so don't know.

If you preorder it you can start playing the multiplayer beta right now.

Surgeon Generals Warning: This game may induce sporadic instances of RageQuitia, random yelling, and the habit of saying "GO FAGOTS GO!" or "SHOOT THE FAGOTS SHOOT THEM!"

You have been warned.

arty needs realisem mods. seems retarded that you can do a FM and the 3 guns will fire in 3 diffrent directions. and when you have already zeroed in on a target, and not moved since then, you should be able to hit the exact same grid again.

Snaggin' this, I'll be able to play tomorrow.

My Goon companions say that Special forces units are total rape, apparently. They're expensive and a little hard to resupply, but they can completely destroy a force single handedly. There are tales of taking one to some of the buildings at the other side's spawn on maps and they will completely shut the spawn area down.

SAM units are also apparently well worth their cost. Two units can basically stop all air units.

Yes, Special Forces are the bees-knees. Drop a squad into a town and they can hold off multiple platoons of pretty much any kind of armor. The trick with them is that helicopters take forever to land, thus making them more susceptible to AA units than usual. And sure, about the SAM units, but a rifle squad could mop them up pretty quick as well.

I wish you could deploy infantry alone, without vehicles.

To be fair, that would be really annoying. Just a slow moving infantry horde...

Played this game for a bit with a friend.

I am apparently actually pretty good at this game, though I am not sure why.

I know how to win 100% of the time on 4v4. 3/4 of your team makes nothing but takes with stabilizers and about 6 units of arty, while the other makes only attack helos. You then rush with the hundreds of tanks you now have straight to the enemy base while the attack helos fly around killing the enemy command/arty and that's GG in 10 minutes.

It takes a lot to piss me off. I scream at either the enemy of my own team every game. I have never played a more rage inducing game even though it is amazingly fun.

Ugh, the more I read this thread the more I want it... damn games costin' money these days

seems kinda retarded that a SF squad would stand any chance against a tank platoon, aware thay a well trained and thats all fine and dandy, but in the situations they are used in game, they are basically just infantry, not really a setting where you would wanna use SF.

To be fair, that would be really annoying. Just a slow moving infantry horde...

The purpose would be to group them with other vehicles, or use the transport helicopters. You'd also be able to use those command points elsewhere since infantry is cheap.

seems kinda retarded that a SF squad would stand any chance against a tank platoon, aware thay a well trained and thats all fine and dandy, but in the situations they are used in game, they are basically just infantry, not really a setting where you would wanna use SF.

The thing is they can be used for their job, since SF in general have exceptional sight range (they are classified as Recon). They are also equipped with Carl Gustavs (or comparable AT) that can rape anything but the best tanks if they get close, and stun grenades which can make infantry and unarmored vehicles unable to fire back.

However they are very expensive, you don't get many of them and are still incredibly vulnerable to anything that can kill infantry, although better training means that they can weather slightly more fire before dieing. Limited ammo is also a major concern, since once they run out of CGs (they carry 6 rockets per squad), they can be murdered by vehicles.

Ok what happend to the wargame channels on the teamspeak server ? did someone get butt hurt because too many people where playing it ?

EDIT:

First post updated.

Been watching TDackery's live stream feed to get a better idea of how the game plays. Looks like a blast so I'll be downloading it from Steam today.

I know how to win 100% of the time on 4v4. 3/4 of your team makes nothing but takes with stabilizers and about 6 units of arty, while the other makes only attack helos. You then rush with the hundreds of tanks you now have straight to the enemy base while the attack helos fly around killing the enemy command/arty and that's GG in 10 minutes.

It takes a lot to piss me off. I scream at either the enemy of my own team every game. I have never played a more rage inducing game even though it is amazingly fun.

Ah yes... the Mi24A/D and Havoc flank... never have I heard so much rage when they rolled over Flaks and Chaps alike, with one dickish goal in mind: destroy the enemy command vehicles.

Ok what happend to the wargame channels on the teamspeak server ? did someone get butt hurt because too many people where playing it ?

No ... We had a TS Server Restart and no one had flagged the channel as Permanent.

So what decks are people running these days?

I'm pretty happy with my mainly US mech infantry NATO deck.

I grabbed the Milans from the french which are amazing with any kind of experienced soldiers, combined with ITOWs and TOWs from the bradleys they hold their own against tanks.

The Mortar carriers are simply god tier all around, I love them.

Stingers are alright, but I haven't had a chance to test them out too much yet.

For Pact, I have an armored deck comprised of mostly T72s and T55s.

Not much here its pretty simple tank tactics, supported with Tunguskas and the occasional inf squad to mop up.

I haven't put too many points into this deck yet, I might grab some spec ops, but combined with the tanks makes a pretty expensive deck.

Curious what you guys are playing with.