Sign in to follow this  
ZZEZ

[Unban] Derek2569 [2012-01-30]

Unban Derek2569  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should derek2569 be unbanned?

• Yes
    • No

BETA: I also wasn't aware I had to present a college thesis to get unbanned. It's not like im trying to join a cult or anything, you don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to...I am just a guy, who fucked up, trying to redeem myself. Yes I wronged your comrades and said some very ignorant and threatining things, but how serious can you take a threat over the internet... c'mon really?

Trying to apologize by being sarcastic isn't helping. I personally don't think you are sincere and have voted to reflect that. Others believe differently, time will tell. Show everyone that I'm wrong, not like I'll be upset that you did not TK some people or do something stupid to get banned again.

Trying to apologize by being sarcastic isn't helping. I personally don't think you are sincere and have voted to reflect that. Others believe differently, time will tell. Show everyone that I'm wrong, not like I'll be upset that you did not TK some people or do something stupid to get banned again.

Thats fine, Im just saying I think your basis for voting no is not accurate. At this point it's irrelevant.

I am sorry that I couldn't remember every detail of some event that happened months ago.

You actually couldn't remember any details, hence my first post.

I FUCKED UP! I've apologized like 3 times

Once again, You may wish to apologize which is good, but your reasoning for petitioning as far as your words are concerned is that ArmA isn't fun anywhere else so you want back in here. That is in my best French, le horseshit.

I know that doesn't excuse my behavior, but I would really love to be able to play on UO once again, it really is a wonderful community and tons of fun. Everytime I play arma it is dull because I don't have the same fun I used to with you guys.

Jackal... you can play with my words all day, but what it comes down to is yes I know what I did wrong I even fessed up to and quoted it, I did apologize for it, I DID have more fun on your server than on others... and it's not le horseshit. I don't have photographic memory either so I said in my first post what I did in general terms because at the time I didn't know the specifics... But hey I geuss I can't win over every heart and mind right? This will be my last post until the poll is concluded. Thank you.

Changed vote to no based on second top comment on this video

UO Admins are fucking cunts. Love the members of the community though :D

While I appreciate that you like the members of this community, calling UO admins "fucking cunts" is not what I would consider apologetic behavior. Note also that this as not a long time ago in the past, this was 1 month ago.

Changed vote to no based on second top comment on this video

While I appreciate that you like the members of this community, calling UO admins "fucking cunts" is not what I would consider apologetic behavior. Note also that this as not a long time ago in the past, this was 1 month ago.

That was before the appeal.

He appealed on 1/20 Let's say he posted that comment exactly 1 month ago, 12/26. I don't think 25 days is enough reflection. I'd like to believe but it is kinda starting to seem like an act to get unbanned. Just my opinion though feel free to vote yes. I just voted no based on my concerns.

At first i was unsure about unbanning him but voted yes, but reading these last posts, yeah, keep this guy banned because i think he'll pull the same BS again in no time

Changing vote based on continued reading of this thread.

Just a quick note, I'm keeping mine to yes because, in my opinion, to be fair and objective, that comment is "1 month ago" so is before the appeal. Whether he believes it still or not doesn't really matter either I feel, there a bunch of people here I'm sure that hate all GMs and officers but still play normally. As I said, it was before the appeal so should be counted as something he is apologetic about. And even though, his posting as of late hasn't been the best thing in his situation I can see where his frustration is coming from as he did apologise and what not, not in serious detail, but he did apologise but stuff like "No remorse, no memory, no vote." at the start and end of Jackals post even annoyed me after reading everything so I can guess what he was feeling.

Anyway, given all this, I am trying to remain objective and stay with him deserving a chance to play here.

Changed vote to no, you're still an ass Derek.

After seeing that his youtube comment was only a month ago, it has led me to believe that Derek is not actually sorry for what he did. Derek is only trying to kiss ass to play here again.

Yessss, because a youtube comment is worth everything in the world and clearly he was thinking past "he was banned" when he was saying that.

But oh no-ooo, everyone has to be self-damning of "Yeah, I messed up there and got perma banned" instead of the more natural-human "Those guys were assholes and at fault."

Keeping my vote yes. Again, if he causes trouble, he can be re-banned. Oh no-ooo. It's not like dislike to certain people who tend to take admin is a particularly uncommon thought.

(This was a long time ago, remember.)

Yessss, because a youtube comment is worth everything in the world and clearly he was thinking past "he was banned" when he was saying that.

But oh no-ooo, everyone has to be self-damning of "Yeah, I messed up there and got perma banned" instead of the more natural-human "Those guys were assholes and at fault."

Keeping my vote yes. Again, if he causes trouble, he can be re-banned. Oh no-ooo. It's not like dislike to certain people who tend to take admin is a particularly uncommon thought.

(This was a long time ago, remember.)

He was banned almost 6 months ago, this comment was made 1 month ago. Derek has not changed and I honestly don't understand why you're ok with someone like this being a part of our community.

That made me burst out laughing.

You came up with a huge line of shit about real world problems [which I might or might not be inclined to believe] then out of nowhere, a scandal rips across the internet! Turns out you weren't as shiny as you were hoping.

I'm sorry [somewhat], but I've heard the "My [x] died, I've been doing [x] and that's caused [x]." too many times.

You've got anger issues, or something similar [i'm sociology, not psych], just from reading this thread its pretty obvious you're walking the line just so you can get back in through the door and play with us again. I don't doubt that the first few months you'd probably keep your nose clean, but the time bomb is just waiting to go off in our face.

Nope. The respect isn't there and I don't really have any real interest in seeing you again. I don't recall anything you gave to the community that we can do without, other than the possibility of scaring off other potential members.

I'm sorry [somewhat], but I've heard the "My [x] died, I've been doing [x] and that's caused [x]." too many times.

Pretty ridiculous thing to say. Offensive almost.

I've been part of dozens of communities and I've heard the excuse about as many times. The two most common are "My [x] died..." or "My [x] was on the computer, not me." Its an attempt of ridding stigma and avoiding guilt, similarly to the "Dog ate my homework" excuse. Except the internet hasn't been around quite long enough for people to get tired of trying it.

I'll apologize if I'm proven wrong [albit, hard to do], but I have little faith that the statement is true, especially after the replies he's posted, as well as the youtube comment.

The attitude is hinky for a person who went through such a dramatic time that was supposedly "temporary."

I can modify the post so it's a little bit more respectful, if the wording seems too cross, but I feel honesty is the best policy in matters such as these.

Ok so I said I wasn't gonna post until the poll was concluded but I feel I need to one last time... Yes I made that youtube comment. Honestly I forgot about it, at the time I was still mad at the UO admins for perma banning me over a tk, even though I didn't admit it at the time I was more mad at myself for being a retard in the first place and escalating things to where they are now... This was before my appeal and yes I was still upset at the admins, I never came here to act shiny or ass kiss... I assure you I am not here just to ass kiss to play on the server... While my appeal is first and foremost an apology it is also to play on your server so I guess I cannot deny that. Lets just add this to the long list of fuck ups of mine...

Please do keep in mind this WAS in the past and a full month before I even thought about appealing... I only takes that one moment to make your mind up on something. Reaper it does offend me, you can think whatever you want, but your'e wrong... just know that. And I am honestly out of words to say when it comes to the people who say that I am just fucking bullshitting and coming here to just spit shit out of my ass because that right there is THE bullshit... If I could come to you in person, speak to you... look into your eyes, apologize then shine your shoes I would... While there are bullshiters out there that will use those excuses to dismiss them of their wrong doings, I can gurantee I am not one of em. Me personally feel like I am probably one of the most honest people here... NEVER once have I ever lied to anyone here... And I seriously mean that lol, check all my posts you will see it's what I truly feel and I am not afraid to express it as you all have seen.

Yes it probably isn't the best way to go about life, you get further if you ass kiss in life and lie about little things like oh your hair is nice etc... its common sense but I am just not like that. And usually if I don't have something nice to say I just won't say it. While I believe in common courtesy and being a nice person I fuck up sometimes... Everyone does. I am a young man learning from his mistakes and growing up, I am here to show remorse for my actions and redeem my spot in the community. I did/do still have an anger problem, that stuff literally just runs in the family (long line of combat veterans idk if that has anything to do with it, but we all seem to have anger problems) and I control it pretty well in person... but it's easy to slip espically on the internet I always thought there were no consequences for what I said on the internet I have learned the hard way there is... IMO what I said on youtube wasn't shit compared to what I said here, if you were willing to overlook my wrong doings then, why not now? It was basically the same shit I was spewing before just at a different time. And I wasn't even bashing the community like I said I love it... but honestly I don't even want back in if im just gonna get hassled about how im a fucking liar and just make up these stories to get into a online community... I am sorry but it pisses me off to high heaven when people say shit like that... You don't know me... I have some rough edges, yes... being a liar isn't one of them. Anyways I felt like I just had to get some stuff off my chest about lying.

To be perfectly honest I still have mixed emotions about the admins that decided to perma ban me over a tk, I feel it was escalated too much,but after my actions in the fourm I respected their decision... I imagine others would be too, put in the same boat. You might not fuck up like me and say stupid things lol, but I think you would have reserved feelings about it. Like I said though this was in the past and in my eyes doesn't change anything I've said here. You can feel otherwise though, you're entitled to your opinons. I will not be checking again until poll is concluded so if you wanna bash me over a youtube comment go for it, if you still wanna support my unban I am grateful and look forward to good times. EDIT: Also just to add, I play in a very serious milism unit in Project Reality called the 26MEU. They don't put up with the bullshit I pulled here, and I haven't ever flipped out like I did here ever since then. It is run by veterans, one a US Army ranger who was a 0-2, I think thats 1stLT, a former Master Gunnery Sergeant, another marine from the actual 26MEU, a SSgt. from the US Army 3rdID and many others... needless to say they are very strict and sometimes assholes haha. But I have since then learned to love it... I look forward to it, so I can assure you arguing over a piece of kit isn't a issue anymore, nor is mouthing off... Insubordination is a immedtiate dishonorable discharge from the unit. And I have been with them for a bit, and played along side them even longer. I have changed and behave differently than I did before, whether some want to believe it or not.

This is getting silly. Changing my vote to no. I don't want to read about this guy's "feelings" anymore.