Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warrior

Show off your guns!

Well... Looks like I have to get a AR for a security school I am going to be training at after i leave the army. If i have to get one, I want one to my standards as follows:

*Chrome lined bore, gas key, bolt carrier

*Picatinny top sight rail.

*made for 5.56

*Milled receiver

*Under $1,000

So far the only one I've came across that I care for has been this one.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765756_-1_757785_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Suggestions?

Well... Looks like I have to get a AR for a security school I am going to be training at after i leave the army. If i have to get one, I want one to my standards as follows:

*made for 5.56

*Milled receiver

*Under $1,000

http://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

Suggestions?

Look at Palmetto State Armory and Spikes Tactical. Both make great quality products!

My upper - *minus some of the extras*

Barrel length 16"

Hammer Forged Barrel

Machine Gun Steel

5.56 Nato Chamber

1 in 7" twist

Double-thick Chrome-lined bore and chamber

Special lighter weight A2 profile

M4 feedramps

Forged upper

T-marks

Full auto bolt carrier

Carpenter 158 Bolt

Magnetic particle inspected bolt

$497.90 with a standard charging handle and mid hand guards

Buy a $60 lower parts kit and get the magpul moe grip, trigger guard, and the 6 position basic magpul stock with buffer tube buffer and spring included.

Find yourself someone who sells stripped Spikes Tactical lowers locally or order one online and wait a few months for the backorder, and bam you have a great AR for under $1000.

I put about $1300 into mine, but that's including shipping, and I also got and extra buffer and spring (heavier), the ubr stock ($250 alone), 15" quad free float rail, magpul mbus front and rear, and the low profile gas block.

Today I am picking up a AFG, BAD-Lever, rail covers and ladders, and maybe a low profile case that unfolds into a shooting mat. Saturday going to local gun show to pickup 500 rounds of .223 or 5.56 NATO. and breaking this bitch in!

Next item would be an EOTech or AimPoint. Followed by different caliber uppers (762x39, 50 BMG mainly).

Will post another pic with a close up on the lower so you can see the zombie on it :tongue:

Going to do color fill today most likely.

NOTE: The M&P's typically aren't chrome lines btw. If you are looking to pickup a complete rifle, i recommend a Windham, full milspec. Former owner of Bushmaster started this company after purchasing the Bushmaster plant in Windham when Remmington moved to another location after acquiring bushmaster. Don't think he liked what Remmington is doing with his brand so is starting up a new one and is doing innovations again like old school Bushmaster did in the old days.

They have a very solid product right now. I would have bought one of them and customized it how i have my current build, but it would have been harder to find the rail and stuff at the price i paid.

*made for 5.56

*Milled receiver

*Under $1,000

http://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

Suggestions?

Rock River Arms

Chrome lined bore and carrier group plus its a wylde chamber .223 +5.56 best company I've seen make Ar-15s

Http://i.imgur.com/GpSqD.jpg

finally completed the build!

Congrats on your first build! It's a sweet looking gun. The long rails are my favorite look.

Polytech probably makes the best AK available just above Arsenal. Norincos vary from great to fairly good. Most of the ones imported in the early to mid 80's were fantastically built, and accurate rifles.

I'd love a Polytech Legend and or a Hungarian SA-85. Just gotta pony up the money for 'em.

*made for 5.56

*Milled receiver

*Under $1,000

Umm, so you want a billet upper and lower? That rifle you posted doesn't have a milled upper or lower receiver, it is forged, like most AR15's. AR's that come with billet receivers are priced way above 1000. Even if you wanted to build one it'll come out to like 1200-1500.

If you want a no bullshit AR15, it's hard to beat Bravo Company or Lewis Machine and Tool. Both rifles are built to military spec, tough as nails and reasonably priced. The lower you can build on the cheap, AIM Surplus is running specials on lowers for as low as 60 dollars.

LMT or BCM upper: 490

LMT or BCM BCG: 130-140

Stripped lower receiver: 60

Spike's Lower parts kit: 60

Magpul MOE furniture kit: 100 dollars

Magpul rear sight: 60

Any charging handle: 20

930 for a quality AR15.

Or you can buy a Colt 6920(if you can find one in stock somewhere online) for under 1000, which is probably the best out of the box rifle out there.

Rock River Arms

Chrome lined bore and carrier group plus its a wylde chamber .223 +5.56 best company I've seen make Ar-15s

Please, do not get a RRA for a hard use rifle, Bandit. Not to sound like a dick but you probably haven't seen many of the great AR companies out there if you think RRA is even top 10.

Might want to read this too. https://spreadsheets...d=2&output=html

My WASR-10 is Bulgarian Romanian made in 1984, as far as I know, WASR just made it semi-automatic. My AK is highly reliable, it's my baby. It hasn't jammed once in the past 900 rounds I've put in it.

Some WASRs are known for being bad guns, given, but mine has been perfect even as stock. I had to adjust the sites a tad bit, as it was shooting high when I first got it, but other than that, I've had no problems with it.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I'll be looking at everything you suggested when I get off work. Might have a few questions. I'd like to just buy a out of the box rifle rather than build one myself, I'm just going to send the $ to my father and have his dealer order the rifle I want. I'm not going to have time to be playing lego set with my rifle, it needs to be ready to roll as soon as i get home.

And if any of you guys have the G.I. Bill just sitting around not using it yet, you should check out this school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7syoLIOso

Umm, so you want a billet upper and lower? That rifle you posted doesn't have a milled upper or lower receiver, it is forged, like most AR15's. AR's that come with billet receivers are priced way above 1000. Even if you wanted to build one it'll come out to like 1200-1500.

If you want a no bullshit AR15, it's hard to beat Bravo Company or Lewis Machine and Tool. Both rifles are built to military spec, tough as nails and reasonably priced. The lower you can build on the cheap, AIM Surplus is running specials on lowers for as low as 60 dollars.

LMT or BCM upper: 490

LMT or BCM BCG: 130-140

Stripped lower receiver: 60

Spike's Lower parts kit: 60

Magpul MOE furniture kit: 100 dollars

Magpul rear sight: 60

Any charging handle: 20

930 for a quality AR15.

Or you can buy a Colt 6920(if you can find one in stock somewhere online) for under 1000, which is probably the best out of the box rifle out there.

Please, do not get a RRA for a hard use rifle, Bandit. Not to sound like a dick but you probably haven't seen many of the great AR companies out there if you think RRA is even top 10.

Might want to read this too. https://spreadsheets...d=2&output=html

You got links to those things? Bravo companies website is a total cluster fuck like most AR15 lego land websites. Nor do they list the prices of their out of the box guns. I know you can get it cheaper by building it yourself, but i'd spend the extra $200 to avoid the headache of doing all that.

My WASR-10 is Bulgarian made in 1984, as far as I know, WASR just made it semi-automatic. My AK is highly reliable, it's my baby. It hasn't jammed once in the past 900 rounds I've put in it.

Some WASRs are known for being bad guns, given, but mine has been perfect even as stock. I had to adjust the sites a tad bit, as it was shooting high when I first got it, but other than that, I've had no problems with it.

Every WASR ever made is Romanian.

You got links to those things? Bravo companies website is a total cluster fuck like most AR15 lego land websites. Nor do they list the prices of their out of the box guns. I know you can get it cheaper by building it yourself, but i'd spend the extra $200 to avoid the headache of doing all that.

This is the cheapest 6920 i could find other than the "sport" model. And seems to be what I'm looking for.

http://www.impactgun...-16in-6920.aspx

I guess I could trade some guns if i really had too :/

The Sport model Colt 6920 is the same as the Law Enforcement one. Only difference is the markings on the lower.

BCM upper: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh.htm

LMT upper: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LMT-16-M4-Carbine-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/lmt%2016%20urg.htm

You can find the BCM and LMT BCG's right here: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Bolt-Carrier-Group-Parts-s/34.htm

Aimsurplus.com has the lower receivers and parts kits.

DSGarms.com has the furniture kit and rear sight.

All you'd have to put together is the lower receiver which can be done in the hour you spend browsing these forums. Or if you'd rather pay a professional, give a local gunsmith the parts and have him put the lower together for you, shouldn't be more than 50 bucks to do that.

Yeah, my bad. As soon as I typed it in, I facepalmed, and looked over at my Romanian. Stupid me.

My Steyr AUG A1.

Airsoft of course but full replica. Love it to bits.

461492_375387622501713_100000914341832_1128081_693846085_o.jpg

Do they make blow back airsoft rifles? I thought about getting a blow back 1:1 pistol for shits n giggles

Yeah. Gas blow back. Pistols and rifles. They tend to be louder.

Edit:

Anyone have a Beretta 9000?

I saw one running for 200 bucks and I'm really considering it. It'd be a better carry pistol than my glock [smaller, more compact and also in .40 not 9mm] but I've heard nasty stories about their reliability.

Yup ASG (JG).

Yea you can get blowback rifles. Electric or gas but they are more expensive.

The blow back pistols are really, really nice. They are loud and have a nice kick.

The blowback MP9 is insanely loud & awesome! The excess gas gets chucked in yer eyes after each shot, amazing when I am wearing mesh :biggrin:

I am going to be getting back into airsoft in a couple of months once I get a car sorted (moved far from my site recently). Going to customize my M14 (one in my avatar :D) I think into a more DMR look (crane stock, foregrip, bi-pod, top half ris eotech, also switching out longer outer barrels for short when more urban.cqb. Should be noice)

Just got a rail system for my WASR-10, added foregrip and a 3x Sight.

P2GCE.jpg

Show me what you've got!

Is that a US Palm rail? what is it.