Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warrior

Show off your guns!

I've never seen WASR's do anything but function. They just had bad fit and finish. Their sights are often canted too.

Now that I'm done educating I could post some of my guns.

Wow!!! What would they ever do without you, ace?

They'd probably continue to believe in bullshit.

The Count, debunking stupid gun myths one at a time.

I've never seen WASR's do anything but function. They just had bad fit and finish. Their sights are often canted too.

Mine isnt a WASR, WASR's are horrible. Mine is a MAK-90 Chinese AK import they had imported during the assault weapons ban. Just like this one

ak-rx06.jpg

Ofcourse mine does not have the optic. And it was required to be shipped with the thumb hole stock and a 10 round mag because it was imported during the whole assault weapons ban. But the WASR is a mix match of USED or de-milled parts. It's like taking 10 used hondas and chopping them up and putting them together into one mix matched tac welded honda. I'll quote this post on another forum about it.

"WASR's are built for export. They are not Milspec, the parts are not built to tolerance, many are not of the quality used in military weapons. Compare a rifle built from a Romanian "G" kit, a milspec weapon, to a WASR and you will see a difference.

The actual building of the WASR's also leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, many of them work fine.

A MAK90 is simply a ban-era version of the earlier Norinco imports which were essentially semiauto versions of the Chinese AKM. They added POA stocks, milled off bayonet lugs, ground off barrel threads to make them ban compliant.

MAK90 parts are much more in tolerance, thicker receivers, better FCG's, better fit.

MAK90's also have a proven track record, 15 years and still counting."

And with a little money and effort mine can look like this

Mak-90+002.JPG

They'd probably continue to believe in bullshit.

The Count, debunking stupid gun myths one at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuQoOc9So5A&feature=related

I'm not saying that the M16 is inaccurate. Just saying it is a piece of plastic junk, If there were ever a day that I had to bring out my AK for offensive purposes I seriously doubt i would be shooting past 300m anyway. We all want to be super elite spec op snipers with some fancy super Ar15 shooting at stationary hostile targets. And if you want to fork over all that cash, that's cool. It's your money, But if some shit ever did happen to where I'd need to use my weapons and bug out. My AK will do me just fine for a very, very, very long time. Make sure you bring lots of CLP, a cleaning kit, star brush, a bore snake. I'll be fine just pissing on my boot lace and running it threw the barrel.

My new aquisitions.

Numbers matching SKS.

IMG_0181.jpg

My dads Ruger 10/22

IMG_0182.jpg

both for comparison

IMG_0183.jpg

The list of previously owned guns include:

AR-15

AK-47 (Romanian)

Taurus PT-45

And the list of weapons i have shot:

M-16 A2/A4

M-4 A1/A2

M249 SAW

M240G

M203

MK-19

M2 BMG

DSHKM (Russia)

PKM (Russia)

Dragunov (Russia)

HK G3 (Thailand)

It doesn't quite count, but, i also pulled the lanyard on a M198, i think it was.

I'm a gun n00b, but after going shooting the other day at a pistol range, I'm pretty well sold on these two items:

107430_01_lg.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764904_-1_757752_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

buck-mark-holographic-sight_lo.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Browning-1290230-Buckmark-Holographic-Sight/dp/B0038OW1W0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I would use these for causal shooting once or twice a month at a range, so nothing fancy is needed, and the ammo is cheap as hell. Thoughts?

.22 hollowpoints may not be legal for more than rodents, but they still get the job done.

Seen the new .22 round that is being produced? Google ".22 TCM" pretty sweet!

.22 hollowpoints may not be legal for more than rodents, but they still get the job done.

Why wouldn't they be legal?

Seen the new .22 round that is being produced? Google ".22 TCM" pretty sweet!

Meh.. I'm not sold, just looks like a crappy copy of a 17 HMR.. I'd like to have a 17HMR rifle, but the ammo is expensive.

220px-17HMR_and_22LR_B.jpg

17HMR beside 22

I personally love 22 Mags, if you want a cool pistol check out the Kel-Tec 22 Mag pistol.

SHOT2010_pmr30_small.jpg

Make sure it is a newer one as it had some initial release issues with the barrel, but it has since been fixed.

I can't use magnum rounds as they are illegal in NJ, would have to be a .22 LR.

Why wouldn't they be legal?

In Pennsylvania it is illegal to hunt anything other than "small game" (squirrels, groundhogs, ect) with .22. BTW I love the .22 magnum round. I have a bolt action that doesn't stop impressing me with that bullet.

I can't use magnum rounds as they are illegal in NJ, would have to be a .22 LR.

What kind of junk is that!? why?

I should have said "I think they are illegal," because I'm not sure. Maybe it's the range that doesn't allow them. I'll look it up.

Mine isnt a WASR, WASR's are horrible. Mine is a MAK-90 Chinese AK import they had imported during the assault weapons ban. Just like this one

ak-rx06.jpg

Ofcourse mine does not have the optic. And it was required to be shipped with the thumb hole stock and a 10 round mag because it was imported during the whole assault weapons ban. But the WASR is a mix match of USED or de-milled parts. It's like taking 10 used hondas and chopping them up and putting them together into one mix matched tac welded honda. I'll quote this post on another forum about it.

"WASR's are built for export. They are not Milspec, the parts are not built to tolerance, many are not of the quality used in military weapons. Compare a rifle built from a Romanian "G" kit, a milspec weapon, to a WASR and you will see a difference.

The actual building of the WASR's also leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, many of them work fine.

A MAK90 is simply a ban-era version of the earlier Norinco imports which were essentially semiauto versions of the Chinese AKM. They added POA stocks, milled off bayonet lugs, ground off barrel threads to make them ban compliant.

MAK90 parts are much more in tolerance, thicker receivers, better FCG's, better fit.

MAK90's also have a proven track record, 15 years and still counting."

And with a little money and effort mine can look like this

Mak-90+002.JPG

I'm aware of the MAK90's, they are very high quality AK's, never said anything about them. I just said WASR's aren't known for their fit and finish.

I'm not saying that the M16 is inaccurate. Just saying it is a piece of plastic junk, If there were ever a day that I had to bring out my AK for offensive purposes I seriously doubt i would be shooting past 300m anyway. We all want to be super elite spec op snipers with some fancy super Ar15 shooting at stationary hostile targets. And if you want to fork over all that cash, that's cool. It's your money, But if some shit ever did happen to where I'd need to use my weapons and bug out. My AK will do me just fine for a very, very, very long time. Make sure you bring lots of CLP, a cleaning kit, star brush, a bore snake. I'll be fine just pissing on my boot lace and running it threw the barrel.

Word of advice, that AK you said your MAK90 could be like has more plastic than both my AR's combined. P.S, I don't clean my AR's, and I use motor oil to lubricate the BCG and that's it.

I'll take my AR with me to hell and back without even thinking about it.

Chinese AKS are real nice. Got a chance to fire my uncle's chinese rpk that he got many years ago--really nice gun.

Also, going shooting this week so I might upload some videos.

Polytech probably makes the best AK available just above Arsenal. Norincos vary from great to fairly good. Most of the ones imported in the early to mid 80's were fantastically built, and accurate rifles.