Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warrior

Show off your guns!

Ahh california.

I actually went to the shooting range and shot a few, in fact still have two boxes of 9mm lying around with no gun :P, but yeah, open carry is hard to get and conceal carry is impossible.

One of my friends went to apply for one and was laughed right out of the police station.

Which is why you apply for one in Arizona. Pretty sure AZ's covers Cali and its pretty easy to get. Just costs a bit.

I got a CC in Idaho, then one in Utah, so I'm covered in something like 37 states.

Is that...

A tactical man-purse?

Looks that way. But its holding clips of 5.56, that's way cooler than anything in my wife's purse.

Saftey Orange? You know, I guess that wouldn't look too bad, not ... good but far from bad.

Least if it was on furniture only. This inspired a search for Safety Orange Furniture and ... the closest results were disapointing.

Toy Gun in Saftey Orange

[pic removed, look it up on google]

Beretta Bobcat. It fits in my palm, carries 7 rounds of .22 in the magazine, uses blowback and has the worst sights ever designed by man.

The perfect backup pistol. I dump it in my inside pocket of my jacket or something similar and forget about it. With an extra magazine it weighs aroundabouts a pound.

Considering that when a bullet is in the chamber, it has less than an inch of barrel, this pistol is actually fairly accurate up to 15 feet. Much past that and you're pissing in the wind. As its a double action, the first shot is horrendous, it feels like its a ten pound trigger pull [its less than that, but not by much] but once the gun has been fired, it becomes considerably easier to stay on target.

The sights are bad. Just bad. It's the classic groove sights, but they're not illuminated in any fashion and very VERY small, I haven't figured out a way to attach new sights to the thing to make it at least somewhat capable of night shooting.

Another downside is after two magazines, the blowback starts to fail and you start getting jams. This lessens with the higher quality ammo, especially if you use high-power rounds. However I've noticed a decrease in accuracy from the "hot" rounds. [My line of thinking is, if I manage to go through 31 rounds (15+1, 15) in my glock, what the hell am I shooting at that requires the two extra magazines from my beretta?]

Its really easy to get a sound suppressor on/off however and its VERY James Bond.

My girlfriend also likes to shoot it for some reason. God knows why.

edit: funny story, the picture is actually a little larger than the real version is. About 1/2 again larger.

My dad has a 7mm remmy.

That thing kicks like a horse, but holy Christ is it accurate.

I nicknamed it squirrelbane when I was younger. If you hit a squirrel with it, it was like the thing never existed.

Looks pretty similar to that 8mm mauser. Does it accept a magazine?

The internal is easy to remove through the bottom plate. never tried to match a detachable magazine to it.

But its holding clips of 5.56

I wanted to punch you in your ovaries, but then I realised you weren't a woman...

I can't give you guys pics of my all my guns since im over here in korea, but i'll link some videos that i have of me and some of them.

And a list:

* MAK-90 Chinese AK

* Remington 870 12. Ga "with short barrel & tube extension"

* Smith & Wesson M&P .40 "this one is my baby :)"

*High Point 9mm Carbine "Link Below"

*XD .40 Full Size "Link Below"

*.40 S&W Sigma "Link Below"

The I got to play with list:

*US Army Prototype Dart Gun "Linked"

*M16A2 "junk"

*M16A4 "same junk with a rail system"

*M249 "hella fun!"

*M240B "Linked"

*M2 .50 "hehe you are god, until the belt runs out. Linked!"

*AT4 trainer "not the real deal, it shoots a 9mm tracer :("

*M67 Frag Grenade "only once in basic training :/"

*M270A1 MLRS "Linked"

I can't justify spending over $1,000 on a decent AR-15, I have used M-16s enough in my time to know that 1. They sure as hell arent worth $1,000 and 2. They are utter junk.

Just ordered parts to build my AR15 (M4 upper receiver/feed ramps). Will post pics of major parts as I get them in the mail and once rifle is assembled and complete!

WHY! lol why does every one want a AR! To each their own I guess. 5.56 or .223 is a load rated for SMALL GAME UNDER 70 Lbs... I never fell totally reassured when I load a magazine up with those tiny ass fox killers at a M16 range. Not to mention, the whole selling point of the 5.56 to the military was that you could carry a lot more of them & that it's ok that it is so small because it tumbles upon penetration causing tearing damage. And this is true for the M16A2-A4, the same is not true for the M4 as the bullet does not have enough spin and velocity to cause this effect past about 80-90m M4's are also less accurate than my AK.

I guess a AR15 would be fun for the range, but i normally buy my weapons with the thought of killing people in mind... wow that sounds a lot worse when you type it, I bet i'm tracked on some FBI database now.

I personally want a SCAR-H but they cost to much for me. AK's are alright, I just like the cutomizability of the AR platform. An AK is my next weapon purchase once my AR is finished up, or a 7.62 upper to slap on my multi cal lower...

No MK19 in the list of "got to play with" Bandit?

WHY! lol why does every one want a AR! To each their own I guess. 5.56 or .223 is a load rated for SMALL GAME UNDER 70 Lbs... I never fell totally reassured when I load a magazine up with those tiny ass fox killers at a M16 range. Not to mention, the whole selling point of the 5.56 to the military was that you could carry a lot more of them & that it's ok that it is so small because it tumbles upon penetration causing tearing damage. And this is true for the M16A2-A4, the same is not true for the M4 as the bullet does not have enough spin and velocity to cause this effect past about 80-90m M4's are also less accurate than my AK.

I guess a AR15 would be fun for the range, but i normally buy my weapons with the thought of killing people in mind... wow that sounds a lot worse when you type it, I bet i'm tracked on some FBI database now.

Personally i like the Ar-15/ M-16 but i know what your taking about ive seen it first hand what happens with the lack of stopping power watch insurgent get pumped center mass 3 times at almost point blank and he ran away spraying his ak as he ran. But iv also seen 800 + shots drop a guy in one hit. To me its all about what the round is. We got to experiment and bring different types of ammo we fired some 55 grain they had alot of exit velocity good for close range but due to the 1:7 twist of our barrels it didn't stabilize when it left the barrel so it wasn't accurate, 75 grain though is were its at and thats all i shoot out of my Precision Ar-15 stabilizes very well with a 1:7 hits like a 45 at close range and is very effective past 800 yards or farther. If the military wasn't so cheap and experimented a little more on better ammo to use other than the 62 grain the M-16 would be unstoppable. NOTE don't hate on the M-16 too hard for not dropping that insurgent my platoon sergeant shot one 11 times point blank with the M9 all center mass, the guy never even stumbled

@Devil dog dont even get me started on a 9mm lol,

@meta no, sadly i have never gotten the chance to fire a Mk19 :(

@meta no, sadly i have never gotten the chance to fire a Mk19 :sad:

Damn, that thus far is the funnest and most bonerific weapon I have gotten to fire to date.

Where the hell does it say where 5.56 is rated for 70lbs small game? Because for the last 45 years it's been effective against the most difficult of all game, men. I've taken deer and feral hogs(one of which was over 200lbs) with my AR and all have dropped dead on the spot. Whatever small arms caliber you chose doesn't mean shit if you don't place shots into a vital zone. A 5.56 with a 16" barrel has been proven to have reliable fragmentation with good ammo out to 150 yards, and the M16's 20" barrel out to even 200 yards. By chopping the barrel to 16" from 20", there's been variations in velocity as little as 50fps and as much as about 150fps.Source: http://www.ar15.com/...age.html?id=213 Which out to around 400 yards, doesn't matter almost at all.

Your theory on the barrel not having enough spin on the barrel is bullshit too because the length of the barrel has nothing to do with the spin, it's the twist rate of the barrel. Which both the M16A4 and the M4A1's have the same twist rate of 1:7 to stabilize the longer 62gr AP ammo that's being used nowadays. Plus, military ammo sucks anyways for anti-personnel. FMJ's or AP's aren't exactly optimal for people, especially the unarmored targets we face today. Have fun with your AK past 300m, 7.62x39 likes to drop out of the air past that.

Now that I'm done educating I could post some of my guns.

My AR-15.

PC200212-1.jpg

BCM BFH mid-length upper with Troy's BUIS and 13.8" Alpha Rail

Knight's Armament SR15E3 lower

My other AR, this one is a Colt 6400 Match Carbine.

IMG_1293.jpg

My Colt Rail Gun.

IMG_4422.jpg

Same Colt AR with my Browning Abolt in .300WSM.

IMG_1283.jpg

Terrible pic of my Rail gun and Glock 17.

P1130211.jpg

Don't have any pics of my Benelli M2 or my Sig 229.

This shows you what a decent AR is capable of, and can be had under 1000. http://www.ar15.com/...90_.html&page=1

What's also funny is you compare worn out, military issued rifles to civilian stuff, which is miles ahead of any assault rifle that the military issues.

Good day.

Just got a rail system for my WASR-10, added foregrip and a 3x Sight.

P2GCE.jpg

Show me what you've got!

How long have you had that? I have heard NOTHING good about WASR and have seen several blow up in peoples hands.