Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warrior

Show off your guns!

Service issue HK416N from my military service.

Boon: Duty rifles don't count?

Nice, you get to keep your weapon at your home/barracks?

Also do you get issued the aimpoints or are those a self-purchase?

Nice, you get to keep your weapon at your home/barracks?

Also do you get issued the aimpoints or are those a self-purchase?

You keep the rifle in the barracks, and you do get issued the aimpoints.

Those guns are beautiful Mauser. If I may, where'd you get one?

Almost anywhere rifles are sold. The Norinco and Poltechnology versions are dirt cheap ($450 CDN) and in many ways superior to real (and far more expensive) Springfield Armory version.

@Mauser

Gotcha.

A little update on my AK, I went shooting out in the country with some tracer rounds and nearly started a forest fire. My boots are covered in soot from the stamping of flames. Those things catch shit on fire quite easily.

yeah, in general you dont wan't to shoot tracers in a area that risks catching fire.

in some of the larger fireing ranges back here they actualy have firefighter APC's just for the very likely case that something catches fire. and in summer times there are often standing orders against even using tracers.

own image coming up.

hahahaha @ Impulse 9

In the People's Republic of California, you don't own gun. . . the Secretariat of the Party owns you.

Force

Oh shit I wish we could have tracers up here.

Oh shit I wish we could have the right to self-defense down here.

Honestly, it was a bit stupid of me to shoot them in a wooded area, but didn't expect it to blaze up that quickly. Not my smartest moment, but regardless. It was fun!

Just a couple of my rigs ;)

img2011080800750.jpg

img2011051500491.jpg

img2011082800790.jpg

Just for the record thats 3 shots at 200 yds. If you look at the right hole, its ever so slightly taller than the left.

img2011061100640.jpg

in some of the larger fireing ranges back here they actualy have firefighter APC's just for the very likely case that something catches fire. and in summer times there are often standing orders against even using tracers.

The fires that ravaged southern France 2-3 years ago?

French infantry training while using tracers.

Not making this up.

Couldn't find a pic of my puppy on its own, so it has me in it :biggrin:

84L7X.jpg

It's a 1953 Russian SKS, with a modified receiver with a rail. I replaced the original wood stock with a Tapco T6 M4 style stock and added a cheap Acog style scope. To be honest, the scope is A LOT better than I expected. I mean it's NCStar Mark 3 tactical, so first thing you think is (Chinese Shit), but At 100 yards, I can get like 6 inch groups with this scope haha.

200 yards, the groupings go up to about 15-20 inch groups, but to be honest, I couldn't expect much more from a '53 SKS with czech surplus ammo and a chinese acog.

And for all you that thing I had to drill into the rifle in order to get that receiver on, NO I DIDN'T HAVE TO DRILL ANYTHING in this russian original!

Try using the original open sights, I was having no issue with 2-3 inch groups @100 yds with my buddies Russian SKS blackbolt.

Love the shotgun, what is it?

Remington 870 express 12ga originally lol. Its now a Jordan custom hahaha. I bought the rem factory 2 round extension, had the dimples in the original mag pressed out so I could use the extra 2 rounds, tacstar 4 round side saddle, Knoxx specops stock and forend and to finish it all off I had it cerakoted in a custom colour i chose. Its actually dark grey, the lighting in the room made it look a light grey.

[pic removed]

My carry pistol [Glock 19] and my "backup" Model 10 Smith and Wesson.

Former is 9mm with a Galco soft leather waistband holster. Latter is a former police pistol I picked up for a decent price. One of the most accurate .38 caliber revolvers I've used.

I've got a savage model 110 and an SKS in the safe, didn't feel like digging them out to take a pic.

Yeah it was a real find. Hong Kong Police Force transferred over to glocks or some sorta semi auto, so they were selling all their service pistols for really great prices. I've still got the original wood grip, its just uncomfortable in my hand as its really freaking small. With the wood grip addition, you can see the HKPD stamp on the butt of the pistol, as well as a notch for a tether to run through if you want to attach the weapon to something via some cord.

My dad bought a few and I got one. We were giving them out as Christmas presents one year lol

My only complaint is the sights are fixed. It'd be nice if I could use something other than 148 grain and be able to rely on the sights. Otherwise I just have to trust my memory :P

That's a funny load for the .38.

I believe that half HP and half FMJ is a concealed carry load that people commonly use.

Considering the one shot stopping percentage for .38 special hollowpoint rounds is in the upper 80% when the other guy isn't wearing body armor, it's not funny when you get shot with one :P

I dual-load all my magazines/speed loaders. In this day and age, its far too easy to get body armor and I don't want to be that chump who shot a guy then got killed because he happened to be wearing IIA or III class armor.

With the .38 it's harder to get the second shot off on target quickly due to it being a double action, however with the glock I can pretty regularly doubletap targets at two car lengths and stay within the typing paper off of a draw.

It's just habit I suppose. flat-nose FMJs shoot just the same as hollows in that pistol, so its not like I lose anything by tossing them in the gun.