Guest austucker

ARMA 3 news?

Ireland is not neutral?

dafuq?

I saw that too, Nato influence? Sweden and Switzerland are still neutral but apparently we aren't. Lets see that get through the Dail.

Finland is under Russian influence and you guys bitch about Ireland?

Finland is under Russian influence and you guys bitch about Ireland?

Makes sense considering we are both Irish and not Finnish.

Character movement still looks like it will feel stiff. Hopefully, one day...

Character movement still looks like it will feel stiff. Hopefully, one day...

Keep in mind I don't think they have released anything that shows characters using the new animation system. THey said during initial previews they were using the old arma2 engine for now.

Iran didn't destroy Israel, they captured it :ohmy:. And why is it called the Jerusalem Cease Fire Line if it's like in the West of Turkey and straight down the Mediterrannean

Game looks amazing, I upgraded to be able to play SC2 in 2010 and now it looks like I gotta come up with even more to be able to run this sometime early next year. With running mods and everything that will happen to play with UO plus things like TS I'm curious as to how much it would cost to get a new rig to handle it.

That map looks like Spritz Island, the more and more I see it.

I'm starting to get rememberances of Operation Brownpoint:Dragoon Rising.

"As for movement on land, in addition to the existing movement modes (walk, run, sprint), there'll be additional one - what we're calling the 'tactical pace' - which is essentially a jog with weapon raised."

"Another feature worth mentioning is 'alternate poses', which is an experimental feature we're keen to validate with the Community Alpha and see if it earns its place. These are extensions of the three basic stances (stand, kneel and prone). With them, you can adjust to have a high/low or left/right variant to each stance. In terms of gameplay, we'd expect to see improvements in finding effective cover and being able to fire from it."

Picard-YES-meme.jpg

I hope their cities and towns are bigger in Arma 3 without anybody editing it or making a map where the city is huge. It would suck to see them look at a town like chernogorsk in arma 3 and say,"damn this is such a big city."

"As for movement on land, in addition to the existing movement modes (walk, run, sprint), there'll be additional one - what we're calling the 'tactical pace' - which is essentially a jog with weapon raised."

"Another feature worth mentioning is 'alternate poses', which is an experimental feature we're keen to validate with the Community Alpha and see if it earns its place. These are extensions of the three basic stances (stand, kneel and prone). With them, you can adjust to have a high/low or left/right variant to each stance. In terms of gameplay, we'd expect to see improvements in finding effective cover and being able to fire from it."

Sounds good.

If you have 30 fingers and a super1337aw3s0m3 keyboard with extra buttons

It'll probably be down with one 'modifer' key. Example: You hold right alt and then tap your lean keys to adjust left and right stance or W and S to raise/lower yourself.When you find your stance you release modifier and it holds it. When you hit a move key then again it would 'pop' you back to the prone/crouch/stand stance respective of what you were in before you modified it.......at least that is what I would expect.

Still seems rather complicated, bu t I get the gist and it would be very useful.

I think red orchestra has it right though, with high stance brought up only when you are using cover.

FEED ME COMPLICATED THINGS.

It'll probably be down with one 'modifer' key. Example: You hold right alt and then tap your lean keys to adjust left and right stance or W and S to raise/lower yourself.When you find your stance you release modifier and it holds it. When you hit a move key then again it would 'pop' you back to the prone/crouch/stand stance respective of what you were in before you modified it.......at least that is what I would expect.

Or move your head... If you have TrackIR.

Or move your head... If you have TrackIR.

I was actually thinking that a I typed the above, but they would have to have some sort of non track IR mode...for the lesser gamerz...LULULUL!!!!!!

I like the RO2 cover thing.....but it wouldn't be arma if it wasn't so clunky and precise :P

Also, think about how many extra commands you use with ACE and ACRE compared to vanilla A2. I played A2 recently and was like 'Fuck this. it's too unrealistic'. heh

If that is the default walking animation of arma3 I refuse to walk anywhere. Unless I'm walking away with an explosion to my back.

If that is the default walking animation of arma3 I refuse to walk anywhere. Unless I'm walking away with an explosion to my back.

Too highspeed for me. I'll keep both hands on my weapon, unless I need to do something else important with them, thankyouverymuch.

2 hands on your weapon when casually walking?they don't even force boot camp trainees to walk like that here.