Guest austucker

ARMA 3 news?

Arma 3 will not be as optimized straight out of the box as some will believe. All I can say is remember the A2 launch, and the OA launch.

Some of you expect to much.

Maybe I missed it, but I am surprised that no one else was really happy about EVERY BUILDING being accessible on the new map.

Arma 3 will not be as optimized straight out of the box as some will believe. All I can say is remember the A2 launch, and the OA launch.

x2

I don't know why you guys are counting the days for A3 release so we can all jump on it...BI's record of delivering MP playable products at release date is...not encouraging, not to say that we all consider A2/OA too gamey and we are using ACE which will take its own amount of time to be released and in a playable state.

I think at a certain point you have to wonder if we can dig up 100+ people with our values and interests as well.

I mean we average 50 normally. around 70 on an event.

PR needs to kick it up a notch if we want to start organizing companies for ARMA 3

I think at a certain point you have to wonder if we can dig up 100+ people with our values and interests as well.

I mean we average 50 normally. around 70 on an event.

PR needs to kick it up a notch if we want to start organizing companies for ARMA 3

ArmA3 will bring in new players, but 100 does sound high.

Do we know if Jaynus and Nou will even make ACRE for this?

I've played around with that image on Google Earth and Photoshop and it seems that the scale from this image is 1km shorter than real life.

ArmA3 will bring in new players, but 100 does sound high.

Do we know if Jaynus and Nou will even make ACRE for this?

Jaynus said that he will not make an ACRE for ArmA 3 because he is a dickhead(he said it).

Now, I don't know about Nou.

I think there should be other maps for ArmA 3, which I bet there will. I hope that they make new ones, and bring back classics as well. Limnos looks ok, but that's because new ArmA things are being introduced.

I think there should be other maps for ArmA 3, which I bet there will. I hope that they make new ones, and bring back classics as well. Limnos looks ok, but that's because new ArmA things are being introduced.

What?

Jaynus said that he will not make an ACRE for ArmA 3 because he is a dickhead(he said it).

Now, I don't know about Nou.

That worries me, it wouldn't be good without ACRE!

Well there is a few things from our point of view, ArmA 3 probably won't be optimised enough for UO to swap to on launch, so we need to wait for ACE 3. Second, even when ACE 3 is released, I assume UO will not want to move if there exists no ACRE or something like it. We are talking about quite a while of development if you ask me.

Other then that, any development on shooting from vehicles?

Well there is a few things from our point of view, ArmA 3 probably won't be optimised enough for UO to swap to on launch, so we need to wait for ACE 3. Second, even when ACE 3 is released, I assume UO will not want to move if there exists no ACRE or something like it. We are talking about quite a while of development if you ask me.

Other then that, any development on shooting from vehicles?

LOL, were you around when ACE 2 first got released? Performance was A LOT worse than vanilla. ACE is very performance heavy, and it doesn't really optimize the game. The vanilla game is always a lot more optimized without heavy mods like ACE.

Also, why would ACRE be hard to port? It's the same engine/SQF scripting. For all we know, BIS could add something that makes JayArmA2Lib obsolete (this is a feature many mod developers have been asking for) and make the process even easier.

And no, no news on shooting from vehicles at all.

Anyway, a couple of new screenshots:

Arma3_screenshot_1202_01.jpg

Arma3_screenshot_1202_13.jpg

Also, BIS has changed the storyline for ArmA3 pretty drastically. No more World War 3, just a conflict between Iran (backed by China and Russia) and Turkey/Greece (backed by NATO), where Iran takes all of Turkey and isolated Greek settlements and (apparently) allies with Israel.

They've also added 3 more player characters, bringing the total to four, as opposed to the "personalized campaign" they were trying to go for with special ops guy. Now there's an American Airborne Infantry guy, Tank Commander guy and Pilot guy, as well as the original character that is a special forces UK operative. This is virtually the same as the Operation Arrowhead campaign set-up.

Disappointingly, they've cut down the island's size from the initially estimated ~435 km2 to 300 km2. Chernarus is ~225 km2.

Here's their summary of the World in 2035:

Blighted by the long tail of a deep-rooted economic crisis and sliding toward the threshold of war, beleaguered NATO member-states stand weakened against an ambitious, resurgent Iran.

Flooded with profits from the rich export markets of a resource-thirsty SE-Asia and the rising price of oil, bolstered by strong ties with China and strategic entente with Russia, Iran sought to expand its influence.

Deployed under the auspices of a swift humanitarian response, Turkey – decimated by a series of devastating and unprecedented natural disasters – fell within months to ruthless Iranian Armed Forces. Iran’s aggressive expansion – spilling over into Greek sovereign territory – was brought to a halt in Rhodope Prefecture with the ratification of the Jerusalem Peace Accord of 2034, which crystallised a new strategic front along the shorelines of the Aegean Sea.

With the US locked into its own proxy-wars against aggressive Chinese expansionism in the Pacific, with each year more member-states leaving NATO on the promise of Russian oil, the fragmented alliance faces the growing risk of a global conflict that they can ill-afford.

And a map:

web_background_europe_map.jpg

I find it quite nice that they are improving the singleplayer experience as well the universe behind these nations. This way it we will not feel distant when playing a mission online.

I hope there will be some German (more than in OA and also some vehicles) units because it is in Europe. :-D

i find it interresting how many countries they expect to leave NATO the coming years. And even more so the notion that Iran and Isreal should join forces at all :)

"With the US locked into its own proxy-wars against aggressive Chinese expansionism in the Pacific"

So does that mean we can kill koreans?

More important question: Does this mean they may actually consider adding naval engagements/carrier operations/submarines etc at some point?

Sadly the submarine isn't drivable/usable. It'll be sort of like the carrier in A2.

Coolest thing about all the tech that is going into this game, is it's in development. Get used to it, because your are most likely going to see this tech within the next 20 years.

Aztech, the the coolest thing is... most of this tech already exists, while it's not being used in war, there are working prototypes(think of the commanche, it got canceled but there were working versions).