Guest austucker

ARMA 3 news?

I guess my only complaint is with some of the animations. The sprinting animation makes him look like he's autistic or something.

Well the ai is still running through walls and standing close to enemies without firing at them just waiting for the player to take their miserable artificial life. ai, ai never changes.

Well the ai is still running through walls and standing close to enemies without firing at them just waiting for the player to take their miserable artificial life. ai, ai never changes.

The real problem with the AI is the lack accuracy and view distance. You can have an entire USMC squad skylining against an AI MG nest and the AI won't open fire unless they are within 400m or so.

I'm pretty sure this can be fixed by changing some multipliers on the AI code.

Then again if I was in a camouflaged MG nest, I'd want them to come into killing ground instead of having space to break contact over a ridge line.

Therefore I'd want them to come down the hill, closer.

The real problem with the AI is the lack accuracy and view distance. You can have an entire USMC squad skylining against an AI MG nest and the AI won't open fire unless they are within 400m or so.

I'm pretty sure this can be fixed by changing some multipliers on the AI code.

This can be done by setting AI skill and viewdistance up, but every time a mission maker does it, people cry out that AI are sniping them from a kilometer away and shooting trough trees, eventhough that AI was 100 meters away next to a tree, but the player just wasn't paying attention.

This can be done by setting AI skill and viewdistance up, but every time a mission maker does it, people cry out that AI are sniping them from a kilometer away and shooting trough trees, eventhough that AI was 100 meters away next to a tree, but the player just wasn't paying attention.

The IA do shoot trough trees and high grass. I don't see how this can be fixed with the technology available on the market today. But, the way to skip that problem is to when making a mission, avoid, whenever possible, combat in wooden areas. And also give players the option to remove grass.

Then again if I was in a camouflaged MG nest, I'd want them to come into killing ground instead of having space to break contact over a ridge line.

Therefore I'd want them to come down the hill, closer.

That was just a generic example of how unrealistic the AI can act regrading the distance.

The IA do shoot trough trees and high grass.

Only on a couple of maps. Also, in ArmA trees stop bullets.

Always love it when people moan because they're being shot at by people they can't see.

Am I the only 1 that thinks the movement speed in all stances is too fast?

Am I the only 1 that thinks the movement speed in all stances is too fast?

Going for realism yes (Although walking speed is TABing speed) but for gameplay I think it's alright.

So, since we'll get a inaccurate dispersion-crosshair instead of the old OFP/ArmA one, does it mean that we'll keep it enabled?

i think arma 3 is going to be good. because from what i seen at E3 2012 and gamescom is that there adding this stuff as extra stuff to give a variety of gameplay. as you probley know better than me. you can do or play any way you like in arma 2 useing the editing tools.

they said that they will be making that part better and give you more options. i been playing for some time on arma 2 and i dont even think i seen everthing that the game offers. i think this is the only game franchise

where you can say. there not forcing you to use the vehicle and stuff in game there just expanding the options of play.

plz let me know if you think im wrong