On the right side of the Calendar click "I'M ATTENDING"
LISTEN UP, at 11:45 Russian aircraft attacked Winheim Army Base, destroying many of the Apache and Blackhawk helicopters stationed there.
Winheim is 18nm south of our airbase. While our IAD in this area is still intact, strike package was able to penetrate the airspace through the mountainous areas to the southeast.
Time now is 12:15, a massive follow-on strike is headed our way and will likely use the same ingress route. Intercept them!
Three flights of F-16's will run intercepts, one flight will stay reserve CAP over the airbase.
Tasking (in take off order)
- COWBOY2 stay North of the FJORD
- FALCON2 stay South of the FJORD
- GYPSY1 cover our Northern flank, friendly units on the road (21st Armored)
COBRA1 reserve CAP at the base, catch any leakers
- Max performance takeoffs. Full burn to 20k and press to intercept. Keep the enemy as far away from the base as possible.
- Reserve flight conserve fuel.
- Drag bandits to marked air defense positions, but we must not allow leakers to get through the mountains and utilize standoff weapons.
- Get low and use the mountains to defend if you have to.
MUD THREATS: SA-10 active FLOT to SE
Multiple gorilla groups from the E/SE
30+ air contacts with vectors close to our base
Strikers: BLINDER, FULLBACK, FITTER, FROGFOOT
Escorts: FULCRUM, FLANKER
UHF 15 - BARDUFOSS TWR
UHF 17 - PACKAGE
Overcast at takeoff but we are just on the edge of clear WX to the east.