Sign in to follow this  

COTVT85(1) Defend the Base (Takistan) v31

silencer.helling3r
  • Yes 1 85 JIP Walk - Walk to your squad. Revive Takistan Primary Server silencer.helling3r

This mission models a fixed infantry scenario (platoon sized) where one force attacks a prepared and fortified defensive position and must conquer it in a specified time.

Attackers are a standard US rifle squad with weapons squad (2x M240) and an 1x60mm mortar team. Defenders are insurgents.

The mission is highly flexible and serves an in-game setup process:

• Defenders CO chooses defense area
    • Attackers CO chooses attack staging area
    • Attack chooses Weather and Time
    • Both COs do briefing on the now known facts
    • Once the actual mission starts, defenders can build fortifications, gear, weapons, etc. through a COIN interface

Detailed information is available in the readme: http://silencers.de/.../README-DTB.txt

This mission uses ACE medical system with poor-mans-revive.

COTVT85(1) Defend the Base (Takistan) v31
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Rejected. Filename does not comply with the Mission Requirements SOP in regards to naming convention.

Share this comment

Hello,

there was an issue with the ftp upload that corrupted the files. I reuploaded them with corrected file name and made sure the files are not again corrupt.

They reside under final/ at SRV3 now.

Share this comment

Filename does not meet the naming requirements. Prefixes must be capitalized (for example coops must be prefixed CO##, and TVT's need to be prefixed TVT##). You also claim the mission is playable with one person minimum, and yet a maximum of 85 would have the same experience. Minimum players in the submission form does not mean minimum necessary for the mission to function, it means minimum needed to BEAT the mission (i.e. a squad, platoon, etc).

Share this comment

Hello, i will fix the naming; i was not aware of case sensitiveness (as linux servers are not happy with uppercase-pbos).

And yes, its fully beatable if you play it with alone, i did it many times. If you dont slot the attack co, a ai script will take over and commands.

The mission is designed around (optinal) AI usage (hence cotvt which "count as tvt" in the missions list and i was not able to select cotvt). Subject to the condition that AI is not disabled, the human player count does not influence the winnability of the mission.

The mission also provides many parameters to influence its gameplay (make it easier for small player counts or inexperienced etc). One good example for low player count is, to leave "high command" activated so COs can command via high-command. It can also be played (and won) if slots are reduced to just a few (tvt without ai support) but well, that of course like in any mission depends on the players slotting fair on both sides.

Share this comment

Mission still needs to be reviewed as you are a new mission maker and it failed to pass review previously. Give me a few days to get on it.

Share this comment